Associate Product Owner at Kazoo (Chicago, IL)
Overview of Role:
As a Product Owner, you are helping to evolve our products and bring to market new features. The PO is a key member of the Product Team primarily responsible for guiding concepts through development to launch. This role works closely with a multi-disciplinary team that includes Product Management, Design, QA, Engineering and the Scrum Master.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Breakdown feature concepts into Epics and User Stories, while helping to prioritize and maintain the team backlog.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently while acting as `voice of the customer'.
- Work cross-functionally to align internal stakeholders on near-term goals and priorities.
- Own and participate in team Scrum ceremonies such as backlog grooming, stand-ups, and sprint planning in cooperation with the Scrum Master.
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure prioritization supports product strategy, market needs, and overall company vision.
- Support beta tests and product launches.
- Manage select vendor relationships, acting as a liaison for Customer Success.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar product management/business analyst type role preferred, but straight out of college are welcome to apply!
- Experience of familiarity with Agile Scrum Methodology for software development a plus
- Ability to create user stories and do product acceptance testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and interact with all levels of technical and non-technical peers
- Self-motivated and results from oriented individual able to work independently and also collaboratively with a team
- Proactive and creative problem solver who can operate effectively even with some level uncertainty
- Flexibility in the day to day
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Brownie points for:
- Experience in the HR technology space
- Understanding of JIRA, Git, Dev, QA, to UAT and Launch