AVP, Insurance Product at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The AVP, Insurance Product is an insurance product leader who will manage the core insurance P&L for Clearcover, with their revenue partners for a specific set of states (region). This role has oversight of the core insurance lines of businesses. This role is a key member of the Insurance Organization, reporting to the VP of Insurance Product Management.
For the assigned region:
- You will share responsibilities for designing insurance products with your countrywide product development counterpart.
- You will coordinate strategies across zones and distribution channels to ensure optimal balance between growth and profitability.
- You will proactively stay connected with the actuarial team on understanding rate adequacy drivers, reserving status, and lifetime value / allowable customer acquisition cost frameworks.
You will collaborate with growth, distribution channel leaders, product, technology, claims, servicing, finance, and legal and compliance teams to develop and execute strategies that optimize growth, profitability and operating costs.
This leader is a steward of our Leadership Principles and ensures that the team lives by them every day. If you value ownership of outcomes, are a proven team builder, can execute with urgency and focus, come join us!
About the role
This role is the hub connecting the rest of the organization to the insurance product function including actuarial and countrywide line management.
The role is expected to:
Foster an inclusive high performance culture
- Model proactive behavior across all levels of the organization
- Communicate broadly and deeply
- Foster an environment of collaboration that values transparency
Be a strategic advisor
- Develop insurance business/product strategies to maximize value creation through sustainable growth and high-quality customer experiences.
- Serve as a liaison to all distribution channels and provide guidance on distribution strategies that manage to allowable customer acquisition cost guidelines.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of product features and benefits, as well as industry product trends.
- Motivate the team to stay curious and current on industry trends and the competitive landscape. Collaborate cross functionally to ensure knowledge sharing on market trends.
- Offer meaningful strategic and financial perspective necessary for corporate decisions and planning.
- Provide guidance to the state product management team on how to analyze and monitor insurance product performance.
- Monitor compliance issues at the state level and frequently collaborate with internal legal functions on critical audits/exams; with a significant influence on the outcome of the audit / exam resolutions.
- Foster relationships with key insurance departments and legislators to facilitate regulatory filing approvals, market conduct, and audit resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal and state regulations related to insurance products while minimizing risk exposure to the organization.
What do you need?
- Management experience at rapid growth companies, with Property and Casualty experience required.
- Exposure to and successful track record in the realm of insurance product management required.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Direct experience applying customer lifetime value concepts to pricing and profitability decisions.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only. Also must be a team player and able to operate as a “player-coach.”
- A willingness to examine every opportunity from first principles and challenge long-held assumptions about the insurance lifecycle.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.