Brand Growth Solutions Manager at SPINS LLC
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
SPINS' Brand Growth Solutions team is focused on helping SPINS' biggest clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with robust consumer information, analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights and develop profitable growth solutions. Comprised of experienced and entrepreneurial CPG and Retail professionals, the team is dedicated to delivering brand and retail growth. This high visibility, high impact part of our business builds and shapes the development of brand and retail growth solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market.
Our Brand Growth Solutions Manager will be working with our biggest clients (CPG, Retail, Private Equity) to help them capture their biggest growth opportunities. The Manager will lead delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. This individual will be working directly with senior executives at our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. The Manager must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and lead other Manager and/or Analyst-level resources within SPINS and Client organizations.
The position reports to the VP of SPINS Brand Growth Solutions, will be based in our Chicago office, and will require up to 25% travel.
The SPINS Way: The right candidate for us will be…
- Vibrant – You’re passionate about doing meaningful, impactful work.
- A Disruptor – You’re not afraid to do things differently
- Connected – You work well as part of a team, and you build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions, and for our work
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university
- 3-7+ years CPG/Retail strategy experience from blue-chip CPG company, Retail company, Consulting firm, or Market research firm
- Several projects in CPG and/or Retail industry
- Several projects in Sales-driven growth strategies (pricing elasticity, promotion, or category management solutions)
- Strong project leadership skills
- Ability to juggle 1-2 major clients and 2-4 projects concurrently
- Experience with managing work of 1-2 other Analysts/Manager when required
- Potential to grow into more senior team management role, managing 2 or more teams
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analyses into relevant implications
- Proven track record achieving measurable business results
- Strong client management and communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand client needs and opportunities, as well as recommend potential solutions to capture them
- Excellent presentation skills – very comfortable presenting to Senior executives
- Entrepreneurially-minded business-builder
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our clients.
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Comfortable with complexity
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Keen ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Inherently savvy and skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Passion for the natural industry
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.