Business Intelligence Analyst
Join us to make a difference and deliver results across the organization.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Intelligence professional who is ready to take the next step in their career. This role will own critical information systems across the organization, which are used for strategic and tactical decision making.
(At this time we are not able to relocate, so are only considering local candidates or those relocating to the area soon. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to offer sponsorship.)
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for a take-charge Business Intelligence Analyst with a background in consumer E-commerce. This role will manage and evolve data systems, and ensure the integrity of data.
Currently at PerkSpot we rely on several tools to handle our data and reporting needs, including but not limited to:
SQL Server, Heap Analytics, Power BI, Klipfolio, VWO, SailThru, Affluent, Salesforce
While data is not a new concept here at PerkSpot, we have a lot of room for improvement. With your expertise and focused attention, you will make data more accessible and digestible, helping us to make better informed decisions and understand the stories behind the data.
As a member of the PerkSpot Product team you’ll live our team culture, which includes being user-centric, data driven, and results oriented. We are a scrappy team that wears multiple hats, so we are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. We are constantly learning and growing professionally. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about e-commerce and looking to grow their business responsibilities and expertise.
This role will initially report to the VP of Product, but that may change as the PerkSpot organization continues to grow.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Mathematics or Business preferred
- 3+ years of professional data analysis experience required
- Work experience in B2C or B2B2C E-commerce
- Proficiency in SQL, data analysis, advanced Excel and report development
- Experience with dashboard creation and data visualization
- Knowledge of modern data warehouse concepts
- Experience with business modeling and forecasting techniques
- Experience working with non-technical business owners, demonstrating ability to translate non-technical requirements into a technical specification and solution
A successful candidate will be:
- Self-directed, with a strong sense of ownership and a deep understanding of BI solutions
- A results-oriented and dynamic individual with a hands-on mentality
- A strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to understand data needs, deliver insights, and create a vision rather than simply run reports
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Familiarize yourself with the current tools and systems, transition all BI responsibilities from current owners
- Develop an initial 90 day plan for immediate improvements in data accuracy and transparency
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot -- raise the bar!
Throughout Your Career Here
- Become the Business Intelligence thought leader at PerkSpot
- Deliver key strategic BI initiatives
- Provide strategic insights that will continue to grow the business
- Develop your career as a Business Intelligence professional
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.