Content Management System Sr. Product Owner at Morningstar
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, results-driven individual to help position and advance the CMS’ impact to internal users at Morningstar. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of content management tools and processes. The candidate should have worked extensively on content management platforms with a disparate user base. This role will be responsible for the daily operations, project management, and best practices for this new tool. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Work with product and capability owners from across the organization to develop a product integration vision that supports and advances business goals within the content management system.
• Own the tactical roadmap, requirements, and product development lifecycle for the CMS.
• Work within an Agile software development framework, develop, refine and validate business requirements and user stories with internal tool users and stakeholders, prioritize the backlog queue, and ensure high quality execution working internally as well as with the content tool provider.
• Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and resource requirements to execute and deliver on commitments.
• Take ownership of solutions and responsibility over translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
• Work on delivering to requirements and specifications from business teams.
• Establish and maintain a governance process for the CMS involving key stakeholders and business groups.
• Establish and maintain taxonomy and content model for the CMS.
• Establish and maintain CMS platform and integration standards.
• Understand business, operations and technology requirements, serving as a conduit between stakeholders, operations, and technology team.
• Work independently as needed to resolve issues within the CMS and advise users on standards and best practices.
• Help drive platform usage and adoption across the organization.
• Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of product success.
• At least five years of experience working on enterprise content management platforms.
• Experience with headless CMS solutions.
• Domain expertise on content management systems and solutions.
• Advanced knowledge of CMS data models and APIs.
• Experience with solution design and implementation of changes within a CMS.
• Understanding of key content management business and architectural concepts.
• Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business requirements and identify solution options.
• Project Management experience with focus on design, facilitating development, testing and delivery.
• Ability to facilitate complex discussions.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities across cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management across the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to influence, build partnerships, and work effectively across different business and functional areas.