Customer Success Director
Reports to: VP Product
*Chicago-based position, entire company working fully remote amidst the pandemic
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed and in your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. The Customer Success Director will create and establish Ascent’s Customer Success function utilizing past experiences and best practices. By partnering with the Executive, Sales, Product and Compliance teams, the Customer Success Director will play an integral role in the post sales process with Ascent customers to ensure long-lasting, positive and productive relationships.
- Quickly build a clear understanding of the entire customer lifecycle and the Ascent platform and features.
- Partner with the Sales, Product and Compliance teams to play an integral role in the post sales process with Ascent customers.
- Participate in the sales finalization process and play an active role during the implementation process in order to have a good understanding of the customer’s existing processes and how they translate to the Ascent Platform.
- Build a good understanding of customers’ needs to allow for an easy transition from sales to implementation and through longer term ongoing support. During the transition process, convey awareness of which features the customer has expressed an interest in (additional regulators, additional users, new product features, etc.) in order to help achieve the customer’s goals.
- Manage a Customer Success Associate within the team and invest in that person’s professional growth and development
- Create and establish best practices within the Customer Success function as we grow this function.
- Ensure that all customer feedback is received and escalated to the appropriate team to ensure delivery of customer objectives
- Maintain healthy customer engagement levels by identifying low utilization and providing solutions to further drive customer success
- Use analytics to track customer engagement and their experience. See what features the customer is using and provide guidance on alternate solutions when applicable.
- Possess a solid understanding of financial services and how Compliance, Risk and Legal departments function
- Seek new ways for Ascent to make the customer’s experience better and implement new facets of the process accordingly
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all customer related issues and requests
- Establish rapport and building strong relationships with customers and Ascent employees across all teams within the company
- Manage multiple engagements and work on cross-functional teams in a fast-moving environment, while maintaining devotion to detail-oriented work
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build sincere business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges if they occur
- Promote positivity in everyday interactions with customers and employees alike
- 5+ years of Customer Success/Customer Support experience within Technology or Saas Solutions company, having organized and led technology implementations with repeated success
- Experience working with CRM software
- Prior experience with analytics software; Having knowledge in pulling reports and manipulating data in order to gather valuable insights into the customer experience
- Deep knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, and/or any SCM systems
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry as it relates to Compliance, Risk and/or Legal is a plus
- Prior people management experience is a plus
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to over 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.