Data Operations Manager, Product Intelligence
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
There isn’t a playbook for this newly created position. The ideal candidate will be someone who can come in, learn the lay of the land and be willing to roll up their sleeves and take a hands on approach to create a scalable operations plan. The incumbent will have experience in data operations management with a background in data quality and possess a keen ability to work with many internal teams for scalable delivery. The ideal candidate possesses a strong entrepreneurial drive to take ownership and execution to support SPINS goals. Ideal candidate possesses strong abilities to develop and manage processes, operations, and programs. Exceptional attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
Job Purpose: The Data Operations Manager will oversee the development and ongoing operations of our data delivery processes within the Product Intelligence department. This role will work closely with engineering, product, operations, retail data production and 3rd party data partners to deliver data on a regular basis for many applications and many customers. Much of the process improvements will focus on improved ways to deliver quality data faster, with a focus on scalability, reproducibility, and quality.
The role will oversee end to end development and oversight of data delivery, from customer onboarding to customer data deliveries. There is an immediate need to come onboard and drive efforts to develop a data delivery process for a key SPINS Product Intelligence program.
Data Onboarding, Data Delivery Operations
- Build capacity, capability, scalability, resilience and reproducibility into the entire onboarding and data delivery process
- Use a manufacturing process mindset to identify, measure, and improve data operations processes
- Develop processes to optimize data collection and onboarding.
- Determine data needed that supports Product Intelligence goals and projects
- Implement and enforce data requirements for onboarding, ingestion and collaborate with respective SPINS teams on this process
- Collaborate with SPINS data quality teams to identify data quality exceptions before clients do
- Collaborate with SPINS data quality teams to establish data quality standards for Product Intelligence data ingestion and data deliveries
- Collaborate with architecture, design & engineering as they develop and continuously improve our internal applications for ingestion, enhancement, modeling, aggregation and publishing
- Establish metrics to report to the business on data processes and progress
- Project planning and implementation for various Product Intelligence data initiatives and programs.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd parties for execution of Product Intelligence data initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for ensuring proper elevation of resources to ensure execution of data projects and programs.
What You Bring
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year degree in technology, science, operations management
- Experience in data operations management or equivalent
- Experience with manufacturing settings
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and manage competing demands
- Entrepreneurial drive to take ownership
- Competence in tools such as SQL, UNIX
- Demonstrated ability to engage, lead and influence and communicate
- Strong leadership skills - must be able to work across departments and management levels
- A strong business sense – ability to create strategy and execution in ambiguous environments
- Strength in resolving conflicts and negotiating for optimal outcomes while simultaneously taking a confident stand to solving problems
- Strong ability to analyze raw volumes of data to perform trend analysis or other insights
- Exposure to XP or other Agile engineering teams
- Experience with the integration of AI and ML models into production operations
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform (or AWS or Azure)
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.