Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a Senior Data Management Associate to join the team in Chicago. As a Senior Data Management Associate, you will be responsible for modeling and managing data sets produced from our applications and ETL processes, acting as the product owner for our most important data. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is just as comfortable exploring data sets in SQL and Python as they are interacting with business leaders to define key metrics. A successful Senior Data Management Associate will develop a thorough understanding of our numerous data sources and work with senior business stakeholders to publish trusted, governed data sets that can be utilized in Avant's most important reporting and analysis.
What you do at Avant:
- Modeling new data sets that can be incorporated into existing data warehouses
- Building and supporting data modeling layer (LookML) in Looker, Avant’s business intelligence tool
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA
- Overseeing the data governance and change management process for key metrics
- Collaborating with business leaders to build new data marts that are designed to drive key reporting and analytical use cases
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work
- 3+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Management experience is preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with Python
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
- Experience working with Dremio is preferred, but not required
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.