DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER, CAT DIGITAL
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for Digital Product Manager focused on new product introductions to join our team.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
The new product introduction (NPI) Digital Product Manager is a senior role that requires strong product management skills and the ability to manage the end-to-end product life-cycle. You will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including detailing product and customer requirements in collaboration with the commercial management team & software engineering teams. This role includes strong problem solving, leadership and relationship building skills.
Job Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Lead new product development activities for condition monitoring & customer value agreement technical tools to support customer service offerings.
· Collaborate with the commercial team to assess the needs of the market to determine what new products and features should be created to maximize market share
· Define and maintain a product road map to communicate product direction, timing of new products and features respectively
· Prioritize software engineering and analytic activities
· Work with the Platform team to integrate common data, services and analytic models
· Ensure products meet regulatory, IP, Privacy & Security compliance requirements
· Work across the digital ecosystem to design for optimal user experience
· Conduct maturity reviews and manage product progression from MDP to MVP to MMP; and throughout its lifecycle
· Provide leadership to a small team focused on product management
· Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university
· 5+ years of Information Technology and/or Engineering experience
· Experience with Big Data, Analytics, Cloud technologies and Product Management
· Knowledge and experience with full SDLC lifecycle
· Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
Top candidates will also have:
· 2+ years' experience in product management
· Product development roadmap experience
· Proven experience in conducting market research, competitive analysis and user research to determine product-market fit
· Experience delivering MDPs, MVPs and MMPs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
· Excellence in bringing new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with software engineering and other stakeholders
· Hands-on with running beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
· Able to launch and market products by developing time-integrated plans with the commercial team
· Experience with defining and launching Big Data Analytics, Automation, Cognitive Automation, Knowledge Management, AI platforms a strong plus
· Understanding external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities is desired
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to resolve business issues
· Experience and desire to work in a Global Delivery environment and travel as required
· Professionalism, strong business acumen – possess insight to larger business goals and objectives and understand how the role fits into overall strategy
· Team player – flexible, able to adjust to shifting priorities; positive “can-do” attitude
· Product Management certification (Pragmatic Marketing, AIPMM, DPDP, etc) preferred
· Team leadership and/or direct people management experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.