Digital Product Manager
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through web, mobile and social channels.
The Product Manager is responsible for leading and shaping a comprehensive roadmap of enhancements to the new iLotto platform and iOS/Android app’s, including digital experience improvements and game changes/launches taking ideas from insight through delivery, while finding innovative ways to tackle difficult customer and business challenges. The first major objective will be to oversee the product launch of the iLotto platform in December 2018.
- Create a product plan which supports the launch of the new iLotto platform with a clear customer view of all new features and functionality.
- Manage the product backlog ensuring smooth delivery of feature releases, working effectively across technical, design and UX teams in the USA and UK.
- Support VP of Digital to produce and evolve the product roadmap, defining objectives and measuring progress against business KPI’s.
- Work with peers and stakeholders across the business to champion and evolve our shared vision for digital and retail products, interfacing with the key areas to understand the needs of the customer and business.
- Understand commercial business requirements, construct business cases and pitch recommendations to senior stakeholders and the senior management team.
- Lead ideation and discovery phases. Facilitate brainstorming exercises, build hypotheses and validate ideas through customer testing.
- Manage a strong cross functional project team, taking initiatives from conception through launch.
- Champion collaboration between teams, introduce new ways of working and work with the wider team to bring to life product ideas and solve challenging customer problems.
- Define requirements, work with stakeholders and delivery teams to refine and assess your approach and build out a backlog.
- Manage the delivery of new features, enhancements and fixes. Evaluate the impact of these changes and apply a test and learn approach.
- Work with stakeholders and impacted teams to define and execute go-to-market plans and activities.
- Provide direction and mentorship to direct reports.
- Help to build common ways of working and reach a high standard of output throughout the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of experience in a Product Management function, working with digital products.
- Strong technical understanding, with experience delivering best-in-class solutions with software development, testing and technology teams.
- Outstanding communication skills, ensuring stakeholder engagement and adept at presenting to all levels within the business.
- Proficiency with Analytics tools such as Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, etc...
- Ability to define requirements, specifications and acceptance criteria efficiently and to a high standard.
- Capable of formulating data-driven recommendations, using data and metrics to back-up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to mediate opposing interests or views and negotiate positive outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to coordinate teams and plan projects.
- Practical experience utilizing traditional and non-traditional research methods.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.