DIGITAL PRODUCT OWNER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
This Product Owner position will function as both a lead ScrumMaster and Support Team Lead for the Cat Equipment Care Advisor (ECA) Tier 2 and Tier 3 teams. Cat ECA enables a proactive maintenance strategy by providing a comprehensive view of ongoing equipment health in an easy-to-use application.
Dynamic events are generated for the Cat Dealer Condition Monitoring Advisor to review and generate recommendations for action. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog, to ensure all Support issues are tracked and addressed, to ensure all Forced Changes related to infrastructure and technology upgrades are addressed, and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is typically the individual closest to the business side of the project.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team for both Development and Support, communicating status externally
- Knowledge of ITSM practices with the ability to review product trends affecting the application as well as demonstrating the ability to communicate these reviews on a monthly basis to key business stakeholders
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Domain expert in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional, or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these qualifications
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Knowledge of ITSM processes and the use of ITSM software tools such as Service Now
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.