Digital Product Owner, Zoro
Digital Product Owner (Zoro Customer Experience)
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
The Digital Product Owner will work with UX, Project Management, Development teams and other key Zoro Stakeholders in order to plan, execute, build strategy for, and create continuous value for Zoro and its customers as they interact with Zoro through its website. He or she will create a holistic strategy and roadmap based on business requirements and user needs. The Digital Product Owner will work closely with the Sr. Director, Customer Experience to make sure that each product’s strategy matches the overall strategy for the website and the company.
This position can be based out of Buffalo Grove or Chicago, IL.
This position will take ownership of an “Experience”, or digital product, on the website and its success at Zoro. The ideal candidate has a passion for discovering and acting on user behavior and feedback while driving business value. The Digital Product Owner reports directly to the Sr. Director, Customer Experience and has no direct reports, but will at times have the opportunity to coach and work closely with an Agile Business Analyst.
Essential Job Functions
- Make tactical and strategic decisions for key digital experiences on the website; work with the Sr. Director, Customer Experience to make sure these align with overall Customer Experience Strategy Roadmap
- Clearly communicate the vision, value, and scope of an initiative to design and technical teams as well as other product owners
- Own and prioritize the backlog for specific Digital Experiences on Zoro, including stories, tech debt, and bugs.
- Defines the scope and goals of products and features
- Determines and develops an approach to solving complex user problems through new or iterative features on Zoro.com
- Execute the role of product owner within an agile/scrum design and development team, including participation in backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Manage relationships with outside software providers on an ongoing basis
- Manage performance of the digital experience on Zoro.com, including creating processes and defining KPIs to ensure and measure their success
- Analyze and Report on features in order to make tactical and strategic decisions for future iterations
- Identifies and creatively removes key barriers that may impede implementation and success of their digital product on Zoro.com
- Conduct UAT and communicate design, business, and user expectations effectively to QA
- Commission testing and optimization strategies for all “Manage” digital experiences.
- Manage communication and training for new features across the organization and to customers if necessary.
- Determine and solve for the effects of new functionality across the Zoro organization
- Maintain competitive and marketplace awareness through research and analysis of current best-in-class and emerging techniques
- Continuously gain and share expertise around the technology, principles, and processes which power the Zoro.com features he/she is responsible for
- Mentors Agile Business Analysts on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership, and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and translating into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Customer Service, UX/UI team, QA, developers, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to give clear and consistent vision of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology
- May require limited travel (less than 10%) 1-2 times per year for partner visits
- A passion for identifying business opportunity by providing an awesome customer experience
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering, project management or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 3-5 years’ of Product Ownership experience, preferably in a scaled-agile environment, with an emphasis on customer facing products and B2B E-commerce, ideally demonstrating a basic level of understanding of the MRO industry.
- 3-5 years of full-time experience managing the implementation and strategy, and roadmap of key business initiatives, marketing, user experience, or eCommerce projects.
- 2-3 years’ experience using Google Analytics or similar software
- 2+ years of direct experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) product development environment with a detailed understanding of the role of the Product Ownership in the SCRUM or scaled Agile methodology
- 2-3 years’ experience with JIRA and Confluence software
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.