Director, Digital Strategy at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity-always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Please note, this role has been posted to build a talent pipeline for our next opening. We may not hire right away, but we will reach out should you fit our next opening.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, whom you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to do great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!!!Introduction
The Director, Digital Strategy, will take the lead in establishing and expanding the Strategy Practice across all Rightpoint offices. You will play an instrumental support role to our BD and Account Management Teams and provide credentialed thought leadership while guiding, delivering and pitching the work. The Director, Digital Strategy is a member of the Global Business Design Practice and a key member of the Design & Strategy Leadership Team - tasked with advancing the following areas:What You'll Do & The Impact You'll Make
- Digital Transformation:Enable clients to think and operate differently across omni-channel, commerce, digital experience, brand development, data/technology, analytics insights, research, human/culture, capital and change management considerations.
- Domain Knowledge & Thought Leadership: You will work with C-suite executives to problem-solve on their key issues and provide actionable recommendations leveraging your technology know-how and business sense. You will apply standard consulting frameworks and methodologies and teach others to leverage those consulting techniques and application of tools in the proper context.
- Innovation in Digital Strategy:Build an agency perspective of how the digital strategy landscape will evolve based on new trends and emerging tech (i.e. how does machine learning and artificial intelligence impact Commerce? etc.)
- Practice Growth & Development: Support Experience and Geo Leadership, account managers and the business development team in presenting our strategic capabilities to vetted prospects and clients.
The immediate focus will be on delivering Digital Strategy engagements, while grooming and developing a team of emerging strategists.
Your role will be to help drive the commercial success and client adoption of this exciting new portfolio of offerings. This is a highly client-facing role requiring multifaceted capabilities that span across pre-defined services. Your primary responsibility will be to work in conjunction with Rightpoint Leadership to develop a growth-focused roadmap looking at immediate and near-term options while building the digital strategy capability of the entire organization across strategic geos and brands. We are leading the digital business transformation of our clients and moving digital strategy deeper into the everyday working of the team, which is essential for our overall growth strategy.
Team and Practice (varies per office)
- Build Strategy/Experience Culture in the broader geo and professional community
- Provide ongoing education and insight into strategic opportunities, initiatives and their role in the overall mix - from process efficiency and creative alignment to advanced segmentation and omnichannel thinking
- Experience and ability to lead, mentor and grow teams and individual skills across all disciplines through 1:1 interaction, facilitated group sessions and field observation
- Serve as a 2-way conduit for professional communication of key National Practice initiatives and local market needs
Operations and People
- Advanced ability to coach and develop team members (this role is not focused solely on delivering work); This role needs to help launch initiatives, give direction and know what to do, so candidates should be able to not only extrapolate the opportunities/insights from the engagement and turn those into actionable plans – but can teach others to do so as well.
- Learn team member strengths and development opportunities and provide staffing recommendations during weekly local staffing meetings
- Support creation of job descriptions and the hiring plan for critical approved hires
- Support building a pool of local contractors/talent
- Ability to lead projects and teams, while at the same time being excited to also roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in the work (we are a very hands-on company at all levels)
- Collaborate closely with Analytics, Research, Content and Creative to build rich, meaningful relationships across all our practices to help support the vision
- Excellent track record and evidence of implementation success on a complex, massive, global scale
- Visit our clients and prospects, presenting our capabilities, securing new projects and writing compelling proposals
- Evangelize our service internally and externally and become an expert in the capabilities we can offer
- Partner closely with Regional leadership to determine what pursuits are appropriate for the Business Design team to respond to AND how to respond (i.e. level of effort)
- Relevant digital agency/consultancy experience
- A mastery of Digital Strategy and how it supports all phases of our client's go-to market strategy
- Experience of design thinking methodology, as well as how that applies to improving any aspect of CX
- The ability to manage multiple complex projects in a fast-paced, intense, supportive culture and environment
- A genuine team player that believes and executes a servant-leader philosophy and day-to-day work style
- Ensures clients are delighted with work – we strive for 100% referenceable customers and believe that each engagement is an opportunity to build long-standing relationships and partners
- Build and scale a world-class strategy execution team that complements our broader portfolio of offerings, skillsets and functions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and will be a self-starter who thrives on being able to create and convert genuine opportunities from complexity
- Strong knowledge of running an effective digital strategy practice and the core consulting frameworks, services, analytics, contributing factors, performance indicators and problem-solving methodologies
- Experience of the following would be desirable: an understanding of the principles of Experience Design, storytelling as it relates to digital strategy, the role of data in consulting effectiveness and experience working with design, content and/or technology teams
- Portfolio transformation - The ability to work with Account Teams to identify and convert unrealized opportunities and right-size current engagements
- The energy and passion to evangelize our service internally and externally
- Experience of having managed others
- Must have long-term, proven experience in a similar role leading teams and similar Digital Strategy projects (Commerce and/or Consumer Packaged Goods experience is a benefit but not a requirement.
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts (Multiple Options)
- 401k with company matching
- Weekly snack/drink delivery
- Regular cultural and social events including: volunteering, game nights, cultural and diversity spotlights, Happy hours, Team outings, intramural sports, etc.
- Frequent catered lunches
- Continuous training, certifications, and learning opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.