Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials. In an effort to better serve the needs of student end-users, RedShelf is working to enhance its eCommerce experience for those shopping for course materials online.
The Director of RedShelf Retail is responsible for creating RedShelf’s eCommerce’s strategy and digital merchandising efforts to achieve sales targets, sophisticated brand presentation, and a positive eCommerce experience. This position will be accountable for collaborating with cross-departmental partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business plan including digital marketing, technology, site operations, data-driven B2C and B2B demand generation strategies, and the consumer experience while protecting and building the organizational brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a multi-year eCommerce strategy and growth plan consistent with RedShelf’s long-term vision
- Oversee all of RedShelf’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) eCommerce business with full P&L ownership
- Lead and manage end-to-end eCommerce website strategy development and day to day operational execution
- Grow online commercial results with respect to top and bottom lines, ensuring eCommerce is a strong driver to achieve overall company revenue projections
- Expand products and services made available to visitors to our eCommerce site
- Develop SEO strategy and execution plan
- Demonstrate financial proficiency
- Develop cross-channel comprehensive digital strategy to expand customer acquisition & retention by maximizing RedShelf’s traffic, conversion, and retention
- Collaborate with Product, Technology, Sales and Marketing in the design and development of eCommerce programs and comprehensive merchandising strategy to streamline sales funnel and maximize conversion
- Relentless use of analytics to drive / manage customer acquisition costs, pricing, ROI, conversion, repeat customers, etc.
- Implement programs to support online merchandising and optimization
- Provide leadership to the eCommerce stakeholders in a manner that reflects our collaborative and dynamic culture
- Provide weekly executive report for e-commerce KPIs and customer insights
- 10+ years eCommerce Industry; 5 of those in leadership capacity
- Experience with third party fulfillment logistics for both physical and digital inventory
- Strong technical, product and/or marketing background with the ability be hands-on with teammates
- Experience with a broad range of eCommerce technologies including headless commerce and SaaS commerce offerings
- Experience with PIM solutions
- Demonstrated ability to great impact an organization’s financial performance through your eCommerce leadership experience
- 3-5 years of recent SEO experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining schedules and adhering to budgets.
- Can-do attitude and a self-starter; Able to be a constant positive force in the company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to function in a high-paced, changing and sometime ambiguous environment
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Familiarity with the higher education landscape, and appreciation of the advances in educational technology, course materials, and digital publishing.
- Evidence of building eCommerce business from concept to profitability is highly desired.
- Experience managing products or technology for eCommerce is ideal
- Experience with education-related product or serving college students is a huge plus
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.