Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
The Director, Emerging Products will help define emerging strategies and solutions for Payments, and adapt the next set of product opportunities for scalable development. This individual will lead a cross functional team focused on creating pathways for innovation, evolving the digital approach for Discover’s engagement with external partners.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Monitors market moves to gather competitive intel, identify trends and highlight threats and opportunities.
- Incubates key opportunities, funneling early solutions into next-generation product roadmaps.
- Manages Discover’s developer center and champions API-based product development and access strategy.
- Drives thought leadership on partner-driven strategic opportunities.
- Directs daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Supports other teams through analysis and strategy, customer calls, legal approvals, proposal creation.
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Manages team by providing guidance and overseeing strategy. Works with team on support of requests for new service or functionality.
- Manages team providing executive support on expansion, executive reporting and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related. Master’s degree highly preferred
- 8+ years of product management in a technical arena, or related
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, low ego, strong collaborative and inclusive style
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability
- Experience bringing a customer-centric mindset to B2B environments
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.