Director Portfolio Management Products
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a Director of Portfolio Management Products to lead the development and evolution of our portfolio accounting and performance reporting capabilities in the advisor segment. This role will be part of the advisor software team and will be responsible for defining our roadmap within this space and leading the execution of that roadmap across development teams. This will include developing products that meet the needs of all advisor segments across the US.
The Director will lead a team of product managers to execute on the strategy and will report to the Head of Advisor Software. The ideal candidate will have experience working with leading portfolio software and a track record of successfully developing products within the advisor segment. This role is based in our Chicago office.
• Define the product roadmap for all portfolio accounting/performance reporting products and manage the delivery of roadmap items through the product development lifecycle
• Devise and implement an integration strategy that enable our clients to integrate their data across a partner ecosystem that serves their distinct workflow needs.
• Develop business requirements refine and validated with customers, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework to deliver continuous improvements to the product
• Use data for development and testing of hypotheses, managing with KPIs and measurements of product success (e.g. customer satisfaction, quality, time to market, etc.), and guiding next steps.
• Lead a unified cross-functional team inspired by a common vision, and evangelize this vision across teams to create excitement and shared success with the broader organization.
• Work with design, and project management resource requirements to execute and deliver on commitments.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred. CFP is a plus.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant and progressive experience in product management, portfolio accounting services or financial advice.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are plus.
• Knowledge of Morningstar products and the markets they serve is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines across multiple teams and locations with off-shore calls.
• Knowledge of portfolio accounting and performance reporting best practices and industry standards
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.