Director of Product Analytics at Ascension
The Ascension Studio is seeking a Director of Product Analytics to collaborate in our work creating the future of healthcare. This role will lead our efforts to enable and drive data-driven insight and product development. While currently remote, this person will work primarily in St. Louis, Chicago, or Austin once we return to in-person collaboration.
Ascension, one of the largest non-profit healthcare systems in the United States, has established an in-house, interdisciplinary product and experience development team, the Ascension Studio, tasked with designing, launching, and driving to success technology-enabled products, services, and experiences of healthcare across the entire spectrum of care delivery. This role sits within the Product team, working alongside product managers, researchers, designers, engineers, and clinicians to use data to drive our products’ and experiences’ successful outcomes. As part of the Studio, you’ll work alongside colleagues who bring the best of product management, design thinking, and agile engineering from both healthcare and modern technology, including places such as Google, IDEO, Motorola, Paypal, IBM, and more.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do
As Director of Product Analytics, you will build and lead a team to enable our product and experience development teams to use data to drive their decision-making, blended with world-class user research and design insights. In this role, you will have two primary focuses: first, enabling Studio teams to generate insight and drive decisions from behavioral analytics solutions and tools, and second, collaborating with the broader Ascension data and marketing teams to enable deeper, more integrated analysis and insights.
Working inside the Studio, you and your team will:
- Identify the best solutions to understand and drive product and experience performance through data
- Coach our 20+ product and experience development teams on implementation, analysis, insight, and data-driven growth using these solutions
- Serve as the bridge between the studio and our privacy/compliance teams to ensure the privacy of our users’ data
- Be an Ascension-wide advocate for data-driven decision making, A/B testing, and other data-enabled growth practices
In your collaboration with our broader Ascension data and marketing teams, you and your team will:
- Drive toward a unified data infrastructure that will enable the next generation of analysis, insight, data-driven decision making, machine learning, and AI.
- Quantify the impact of our products to Studio portfolios and across Ascension.
- Work with product teams to tie Studio-generated analytical data into the broader Ascension data landscape.
- Collaborate closely with counterparts in broader visualization and data science teams to develop dashboards and analyses for use across Ascension.
- Build relationships with marketing teams to drive performance via blended marketing data and product growth efforts.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED, Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of related experience required; 10 years preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required; 5 years preferred.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Knowledge of traditional behavioral analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, tag managers)
- Working experience with modern analytics tools and best practices (e.g., streaming data, CDPs, etc)
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform data tools
- Familiarity with data-privacy-focused regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA)
- Tableau visualization experience
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of marketing data technology (e.g., CDPs, CRMs, Marketing Automation, Attribution tools and methods)
- Knowledge of modern data analytics tools (e.g., Striim, R, Python, SQL)
- Knowledge of modern product insight tools (e.g., heatmapping, user recording)
- Familiarity with advanced impact analysis methods (e.g., causal impact analysis)
- Experience working in privacy frameworks such as HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and capabilities
- Stellar communication skills – you can present complex information in multiple mediums to audiences ranging from cross functional leads to executives and leave them informed and inspired
- Inspirational leader that understands the value of strong, cross-functional, empowered teams including product, research, design, and engineering, along with customers and partners.
- Caring and insightful coach of team members to drive and inspire them to deliver their best work.
- Ability to think broadly (to the point of overall organizational strategy and legislative policy), deeply (to the details of specific data point instrumentation), and to bounce rapidly in between as needed.
- Experience leading data-focused teams to drive insight and growth
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle complex, ambiguous problems, workflows, and situations.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we seek people that bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.