Director, Product and Technology, Data Engineering (Remote) at Paylocity
REPORTS TO: SR. DIRECTOR
The Director of Product and Technology is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible member of the Technology Leadership Team has overall accountability for the end-to-end strategy and delivery of a specific department or vertical of Paylocity’s business. She/he will lead multiple initiatives to deliver against that strategy.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers’ unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology – ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Proven leader who has delivered highly scalable real-time data solutions in a faced paced agile environment.
- Passionate for all things Data Engineering with experience enabling an organization through data.
- Experienced in creating & leading a highly resilient, performant and scalable 24x7 solution.
- Collaborative, Entrepreneurial, Innovative and Humble.
- Unwavering in your desire for production stability.
- Have a passion for data and a clear vision for how data can unlock solutions to meet our customer’s unmet needs.
- Influential leader who rallies multiple teams around the vision, and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver.
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops.
- Focused on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, mentoring and cultivating high potentials.
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, and influences product direction accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
During the first six months, you will:
- Recommend and gain the support across key stakeholders for end-to-end vision for how data will flow through targeted systems
- Develop and articulate the roadmap for the data function that clearly defined ownership and responsibility between the central data function and product teams
- Build a data model that joins together multiple disparate systems
- Pilot new tools and approaches to meet the needs of customers
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies
- Develop a strategy to secure long-term platform stability and world-class architecture
- Secure and establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments
- Effectively maintain relationships with key partners
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility and high performance to foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent talent
- Minimum 10 years work experience with technology company and a minimum experience of 5 years+ as a people manager
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around data engineering, data warehouse, data lake, data mart and data pipelines
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Experience developing large data processing pipelines
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Expert in SQL, preferably in SQL Server
- Working experience with building and running modern data architectures in a public cloud, preferably AWS
- Extraordinary people and program management skills, with a leadership style that inspires and shows confidence
- Able to effectively present information, gain feedback and respond to questions from groups of leaders, clients and customers
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile engineering practices
- Possess the business acumen and technical expertise to create a big-picture vision and has the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- Experience working in a matrix environment where authority is shared with business and product leaders