Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Paylocity's all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
What makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares about our team members, clients, and partners. People matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding, we have prided ourselves in partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave. We want to help them with what they need today while also setting them up for success tomorrow.
Let's go Forward Together.
Reports to: Sr. Director and above
The Director of Product and Technology, Mobile Experience is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible member of the Product Leadership Team has overall accountability for the end-to-end mobile strategy of Paylocity's business and will lead multiple initiatives to deliver against that strategy. We are unique and afford leaders the opportunity to lead in an integrated environment, responsible for the product vision, product discovery user experience, and direction as well as delivery engineering and implementation.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our customers' unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology - ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient while still focused on a shared vision.
Who you are:
- Creative thinker with the ability to design a vision for a mobile strategy centered on customer's unmet needs
- An influential leader who rallies multiple product teams around the vision and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Collaborative, innovative, and humble
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops
- A model for exhibiting grit and the entrepreneurial spirit
- A leader who focuses on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, coaching, and cultivating high potentials
- Always curious about current market and technology trends, competitive landscape, and influences product strategy accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Steadfast in your desire for production stability
During the first six months, you will:
- Identify, develop and articulate the appropriate product roadmaps; develop the overall mobile offering strategy and conceptual approach
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future mobile technologies
- Develop a strategy to secure four 9's of long-term platform stability and a world-class scalable architecture
- Work closely with our Information Security team to ensure that our development teams are implementing security best practices and remediating any vulnerabilities
- Secure and establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments
- Effectively maintain relationships with key partners
- Lead innovation within the product groups that align to market strategies
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development, and retention of excellent product and technical talent
- Partner on go-to-market activities for Paylocity products, including coordinating with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, and other teams
- Proven leader with a technology organization and demonstrable experience as a people manager of mobile-first teams
- An obsession with creating a world-class user experience with a mobile-first mindset
- Possess a blend of business to have a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- A proven track record of defining business goals and then delivering on those goals to drive profitable growth
- Exceptional decision-making, prioritization, and collaboration skills
- Mastery in applying & coaching technology patterns, frameworks, principles, best practices, and skills across the organization, with a bias for customer & business value
- Demonstrated ability in integration, delivery, 24x7 operations, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Hands-on knowledge of agile engineering practices and prevalent accelerating technologies, including mobile, big data, cloud, machine learning, and open-sourcing
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-sufficient, and able to find creative solutions at all levels of the business, product, platform, and organization
- Solid interpersonal and communication, and collaboration skills with proven ability to work across the organization with a one-team mindset
Our journey forward.
At Paylocity, we work hard to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice; feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves; and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support DEI. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more? Check out our DEI flipbook: https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,295 - $223,233 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.