Director, Product and Technology - Search & Discovery at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Today, across every demographic, every profession, and every generation, employees are always connected. They crave the flexibility to work whenever and wherever, on their terms. And because of that, what a typical workday looks like is anything but typical. They also want to play a role in creating their future in the workplace, but figuring out how to give employees what they want and managing that change effectively is a challenge for many companies. Paylocity is at the forefront of this modern workplace transformation.
At Paylocity, we create innovative products for our customers to better support their employees and their daily needs. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, customers, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Our Modern Workforce Solutions like Community, Premium Video, Rewards and Recognition, Journals, Surveys, and Learning Management System give our customers the tools, insights and resources they need to create an engaging and meaningful workplace and give our employees a rewarding company culture - all putting us in a category of our own. Click here to learn more.
We are a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the workplace for hundreds of thousands of businesses. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Come join us on this exciting journey to empower, inspire and enable the future of work.
Let's go forward together.
REPORTS TO: SR. DIRECTOR OR ABOVE
The Director of Product and Technology, Search & Discovery is a critical role in our Product and Tech organization. This highly visible member of the Product Leadership Team has overall accountability for the platform's search and discovery strategy and will lead multiple portfolio-level initiatives to deliver against that strategy. We are unique and afford leaders the opportunity to lead in an integrated environment, responsible for the product vision, product discovery, user experience and direction as well as product delivery, engineering and implementation.
This position requires a strategic leader committed to finding and delivering against our end users' unmet needs. This role will enable a culture of innovation and ownership across all of Product and Technology - ensuring the teams are entrepreneurial and self-sufficient, while still focused on a common vision.
Who you are:
- Creative thinker with the ability to design a vision for search and discovery, centered on end users' unmet needs
- Influential leader who rallies multiple product teams around the vision, and creates an atmosphere where teams are empowered to deliver
- Collaborative, innovative and humble
- Determined and willing to experiment, embracing constant feedback loops
- A model for exhibiting grit and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Leader who focuses on talent development by creating enabling and inclusive environments and identifying, coaching and cultivating high potentials.
- Always curious about current market and technology trends, competitive landscape, and influences product strategy accordingly
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Steadfast in your desire for production stability
During the first six months, you will:
- Identify, develop and articulate the appropriate product roadmaps; develop the overall platform search & discovery strategy and conceptual approach
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies
- Develop a strategy to secure four 9's of long-term platform stability and a world-class scalable architecture
- Work closely with our Information Security team to ensure that our development teams are implementing security best practices and remediating any vulnerabilities
- Secure and establish strategies around internal vs. external technology investments
- Effectively maintain relationships with key partners
- Lead innovation within the product groups that align to market strategies
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent product and technical talent
- Partner on go to market activities for Paylocity products including coordinating with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance and other teams
- Prior experience with Search technologies such as ElasticSearch, Information Retrieval, and Ranking
- Proven leader with a consumer SaaS technology company and demonstrable experience as a people manager
- An obsession with creating a world-class user experience with a mobile-first mindset
- Possess a blend of business to have a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
- A proven track record of defining business goals and then delivering on those goals to drive profitable growth
- Exceptional decision-making, prioritization, and collaboration skills
- Mastery in applying & coaching technology patterns, frameworks, principles, best practices, and skills across the organization, with bias for customer & business value.
- Mastery in continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous 24x7 operations, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Hands-on knowledge of agile engineering practices and prevalent accelerating technologies including mobile, big data, cloud, machine learning, and open sourcing.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-sufficient and ability to find creative solutions at all levels of the business, product, platform, and organization.
- Solid interpersonal and communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to work across the organization with a one-team mindset.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $152,295 - $223,233/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.