Director of Product, Enterprise
The Product Director, Enterprise position will be focused on building B2B SaaS products from the ground up. You will need to be both hands-on with customers to define the product, and work with the business team on how to scale a business. You will work closely with the commercial team to understand the commercial opportunity for the SaaS product, and translate that opportunity into a product vision and iterative roadmap. You will have the opportunity to build and scale revolutionary products, and will leverage your existing experience building developer tools and services to help build a successful platform here.
This role is located in Chicago, IL.
What you’ll be doing.
- Work across functions to define products and business plans.
- Conduct hands-on customer research to iterate on product features.
- Maintain roadmap alignment with company strategic initiatives.
- Partner with the leadership team to achieve organizational buy-in on key product efforts.
- Identify process and organizational bottlenecks and leverage these opportunities to constantly improve efficiency.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and leverage that expertise to drive product innovation and capture market opportunities.
What we’re looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or another quantitative field. Masters degree or equivalent a plus.
- 4+ years of product experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative and able to work directly with a team as well as cross-functionally without direct managerial authority.
- Experience building B2B SaaS products.
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning, and product development process; deep understanding of customer-centric product practices; ability to mentor and develop expertise in others.
- Strong technology background, including an understanding of technical capabilities on mobile and web platforms.
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions.
- Comfortable partnering with sales to articulate product vision to the customer.
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Roll-up-the sleeves work ethic and “do-what-it takes” attitude to efficiently execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-paced work environment.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.