Director of Product Management, Consumer at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: The Director of Product Management will help drive Clearcover’s continuous improvement of our customer acquisition experiences and develop strategies to acquire new customers. We need someone with a practical knowledge of product activation, engagement, and retention strategies. We need someone with customer onboarding experience and practical knowledge of hypothesis driven experimentation. You will work directly w ith product leadership and other functional leaders of the organization to drive product ideation and roadmap development to unlock new distribution channels and grow our customer base. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the consumer front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions and work at the intersection of marketing, growth, technology, underwriting, and customer experiences to build world-class insurance products. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with product leadership to drive product expansion, strategy, roadmap and backlog prioritization.
- You will own KPI development for your product, including monitoring of qualitative and quantitative user feedback to help drive product decisions, improvements, and growth.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Insurance Product, Product Design and Engineering to identify business opportunities that will help us acquire new customers and improve our customer acquisition strategies.
- You will drive hypothesis and data driven experimentation with the goal of improving conversion and reducing CAC across all of our consumer acquisition channels.
- You will write user stories, facilitate refinement and planning sessions, and UAT product deliverables.
- As the team grows, we expect you to provide hands-on leadership to Product Managers that will report to you.
- You will report directly to the VP of Growth Products.
What are our must haves?
- You have a proven track record of building products that put the consumer front and center. You have 8+ years of experience working in product management and product strategy, with a focus on consumer-facing products (D2C and B2C). You have demonstrated a history of building game changing growth strategies that have helped to acquire new customers and lift key company KPIs.
- You have a depth of knowledge and experience with acquisition product experiences regardless of the consumer type and channel. You have a proven track record of building products that activate, engage and retain customers at a positive LTV.
- You understand data. You have a proven track record in using qualitative and quantitative data to drive and back-up product decisions. You’re fluent with defining and tracking product metrics of success. You can analyze the user lifecycle and develop ideas to improve customer onboarding experience.
- You have a proven track record of driving hypotheses and data driven experimentation (A/B testing). You have experience in managing and curating a backlog of experiment ideas that are evaluated based on impact and supported by data. You have experience in applying behavioral psychology to the customer acquisition funnel and run A/B tests to assess success.
- You’re a great executer. You have a proven track record of successfully leading the concept creation, discovery, and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time. You have good project management skills to manage multiple initiatives/experiments running in tandement.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You’re able and have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and drive initiatives with little oversight. You have a general manager/owner mentality.
- You have people and team building skills. You have a proven track record of building product teams that foster and nurture a passion for building the best user acquisition experience possible. You can demonstrate a history of leading, managing, and mentoring multiple product managers. You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
- You have great communication and relationship skills. You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Startup experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but it is a plus.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.