Director of Product Management - Financial Products Platform at Affirm (Remote)
As the leader overseeing both the financial products platform and financial infrastructure, you'll lead two critical components of Affirm's platform.
The Financial Products platform team is responsible for the platform that powers Affirm's portfolio of products (e.g. lending, stored value. payments) by using world-class platform thinking to build scalable and flexible systems to serve the broader Affirm team.
The Financial Infrastructure team is responsible for providing the infrastructure (e.g., payment processing, card issuing) that powers Affirm's financial transactions (both for financial product use cases and beyond).
You will ensure a platform-first approach to financial infrastructure, existing and new products. This will be achieved by taking a proactive approach, anticipating the needs of the entire business by building and maintaining a deep understanding of the business strategy and direction. The successful candidate will be able to hire, inspire, coach, and lead a team of Product Managers and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
What You'll Do
- Build a deep understanding of Affirms business strategy, our consumers, merchants, and partners
- Own and refine the vision for the associated Financial Products and Infrastructure platforms to deliver capabilities that empower customer experiences and deliver meaningful business value
- Set direction and influence the executive team on the overall product strategy
- Partner with engineering leadership to evolve the system architecture and infrastructure to meet our business outcomes
- Lead, mentor and develop a growing team of product managers
- Collaborate closely with marketing, legal, compliance, credit, risk, operations, security, and sales to incorporate feedback and work items into the product roadmap, as well as communicate and market our products to the ecosystem effectively
- Define key metrics and outcomes, translating them into qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
What We Look For
- 10+ years of product management experience and having directly led teams (ideally 3+ years of management experience)
- Track record of successfully launching and growing platforms at scale
- A passion for financial products and improving people's financial lives
- Experience balancing time to market and rigor, striking the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating prioritization
- Drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Obsesses over getting the product details right, but knows how to ship on time
- Lead, mentor, and develop a growing team of product managers
- Experience working in fintech, payments, or on a consumer finance product
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.