Director Product Management Pharmacy Platforms at Walgreens
Director Product Management Pharmacy Platforms
Success in healthcare and retail is being redefined. Commerce is about connecting the dots between the growing influence of digital channels and a physical store presence. With over 6 million store visits a day, a leading online presence across multiple online properties, and one of the largest and perhaps most successful mobile apps in retail, Walgreens is ready for a product visionary and leader to continue taking us to the next level.
As a key member of the Pharmacy Platforms team, you will own the strategic development of an industry-leading platform that helps our pharmacy team deliver better customer experience on a daily basis. In this role, we are looking for someone who has a passion for design and understands how technology can enhance lives. This leader will play a key role in defining our product vision, roadmap and product priorities. She/He will also be responsible for putting in place and managing a structured product portfolio management framework and process.
This director level role will also be responsible to drive execution of our biggest strategic initiatives and will have a strong influence in shaping the future success of Walgreens in the pharmacy space.
- Defines the Enterprise Systems & Healthcare product vision across marketing, sales, merchandising, operations and service that support the company’s vision, strategy and direction. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Works cross functionally with all business groups to understand emerging customer and business trends that required enhancements or new product features to be developed
- Defines and prioritize the pharmacy platform product development roadmap for the division and company, with a strong product portfolio management analytical approach. Develops budget for specified business unit/product line and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans. Brings a strong financial and business discipline to roadmap prioritization and perform pre/post launch analysis of each product and drives team financial accountability for results. Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit or product line and develops master operational plans.
- Leads execution (scope, requirements definition and delivery) of top strategic product initiatives
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of a high performing team of product managers and analysts.
- Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans.
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years’ experience of product management in technology, retail and/or healthcare industry, directly or through consulting engagements OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years’ experience of product management in technology, retail and/or healthcare industry, directly or through consulting engagements
- At least 4 years’ experience in enterprise systems or consumer-facing online commerce
- At least 2 years’ experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science and /OR MBA
- Experience in a retail or healthcare industry with strong focus in Omni-channel