Jellyvision is hiring a Director of Product Management - Platform
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
How you’ll help
The Product team is responsible for understanding the market context and driving the product roadmap to execute the business strategy. That includes identifying unmet needs and opportunities for customers and employees and translating those into product strategy, roadmap, requirements, and successful launch of products at Jellyvision. With a solid understanding of the market context and the customer, the Director of Product Management - Platform, will identify, understand, and prioritize new problems and opportunities in the market where Jellyvision can help employees and employers save money by reducing the costs of healthcare confusion. This includes owning strategy for key elements of our product portfolio including the approach for monetization, differentiation from competition, customer satisfaction, and implementation efficiency.
What you’ll do
- Understand the addressable market, competitive landscape, benefits ecosystem, and customer personas and build products that meet their needs and make money for Jellyvision.
- Identify and define emerging or new to Jellyvision employer & user overlapping pain points and needs by driving the customer discovery process
- Ensure the product backlog is prioritized with the highest priority initiatives for the company and work with product managers to ensure team backlogs are fed with well-written user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Lead with design, engineering, and other stakeholders to ideate, prototype, test, and build solutions for prioritized problem areas
- Work with technology partners to estimate the level of effort for various initiatives and evaluate priorities with cost/benefit information and an ROI-driven approach.
- Develop clear P&L models for new products/solutions. Discover if the customer is willing to buy or pay for a solution.
- Define value proposition for any new strategy for users, employers, and partners alike.
- Strategically communicate updates, learnings, risks, opportunities, and decision points for all discovery work in progress, to align stakeholders and leadership team on ongoing work.
- Lead recommendations of go, pivot, or kill decisions at stage gates throughout the new concept development process. Align key stakeholders to recommendations.
- Work in partnership with relevant product managers as concepts move forward into ideation, to bring the ultimate owner of the product along
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders across the organization, especially sales, marketing, and finance to ensure products deliver value and the organization is aligned on the strategy
- Own the product lifecycle management for key components of the product portfolio
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including experience in product management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people,
- Ability to lead and influence across different functions and align teams and stakeholders to a common goal
- Experience making decisions based on data, business cases, and ROI
- Ability to operate autonomously and be a self-starter to complete work
- Must have experience in leading customer discovery and validation
- Must have experience working with software development teams in an agile process
- Be an outside the box thinker and be able to connect the dots to create market valued, innovative solutions
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- Balances stakeholders
Jellyvision is committed to fostering a more inclusive workplace where people across all dimensions of diversity and intersectionality, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro-diversity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or country of origin are welcomed, valued, and celebrated! We have an opportunity to increase representation at all levels and need your unique talents, background and perspectives. We look forward to your contributions to our team.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!