Director, Product Management, Telematics
Job Description Summary
As the Director of Telematics Product Management, you will be responsible for managing Telematics products through all phases of the product lifecycle from inception through retirement.
Responsibilities will include determining customer/new market needs and priorities, building business cases for new products and significant product enhancements, partnering with leadership to ensure effective development and implementation of product plans. You'll also work with the existing markets/customers to ensure effective product, pricing, and positioning for CCC’s telematics product across several CCC markets.
- Drive product portfolio roadmap
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and development teams and manage customer expectations around product delivery.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to elicit feedback and understand priorities
- Prioritize product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Conduct visits with customers, perform competitive analysis, and work with internal teams - Sales, Consulting, Development, Technical Support, etc. - to understand market needs
- Be an innovator with demonstrated ability to craft a vision, get people excited by ideas and get them quickly to market
- Develop business cases for new products and significant product enhancements including: identification of problem, proposed solution, market sizing, sales projection, costs, execution planning/management etc.
- Communicate product positioning and strategic value both internally and externally.
- Maintain and communicate product roadmap priorities across entire organization and business units
- Oversee the product launch process to ensure organization is ready to train, deploy, and support product in the market
- Measure product results against the business case revenue expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of product management and strategic product marketing
- Telematics/connected car experience required
- 3-5 years new business development and/or software systems marketing experience
- Proven experience interfacing with internal cross functional teams
- Good understanding of software development life cycle
- Excellent written communication skills - documentation, presentations, and flowchart
- Excellent verbal communication skills – business partners, internal customers, senior management, business analysts, developers and other cross functional teams
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!