Director, Product Management - Web & Analytics Experience at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Come join the Web & Analytics Experience team and work with a talented group of PMs, engineers, designers and researchers to reinvent how work flows through the modern enterprise. Our success is measured in two main ways. First as the underlying set of Platform Web technologies that power and measure the performance of the ServiceNow suite of Web applications. Second, as a development platform to quickly, simply, and intuitively configure existing, or develop completely custom, applications. We create Web & Analytics Experience capabilities on the Now Platform for developers of all levels of expertise to build and configure modern applications that unlock meaningful value for their organizations. It’s our mission to make the developer experience for our customers and partners as exceptional as the experiences they develop for their end-users.
Your mission will be to use your superb strategic thinking and extensive SaaS product management experience to define and execute, in close partnership with UX and Engineering, your vision for how to simplify and accelerate the design of consistently beautiful and usable Web experiences on the NowÒ Platform. Evolve the NowÒ Design System, theming engine and shared component library in harmony with other platform technologies, like analytics, AI & machine learning, to amplify the value generated by ServiceNow Web offerings, and custom Web apps created by customers.
This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working with peer inbound and outbound product managers, customers, engineers, designers and researchers to empower internal and external teams to create Web experiences that help people work smarter.
This position reports to: VP of Product Management, Web & Analytics Experience.
What you get to do in this role:
Product Strategy and Planning:
· Drive a vision and strategy to simplify how designers and developers consistently employ and optimize UX and development best practices to deliver the best possible work experience to the users of the applications they develop
· Directly lead a team of product managers and lead across functions through earned trust and credibility
· Accelerate the development of easy-to-use, upgrade-friendly Web experiences on the NowÒ Platform
· Contribute to the evolution of ServiceNow’s unique and proprietary design system for workflow automation
· Collaborate with Customers, Researchers, and Designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
· Validate and refine product designs/early product offerings through Design Partner Program, Product Advisory Council and with customers directly
· Own product competitive and market analysis
· Continually define and groom near-term backlog and maintain 3-4 release roadmap alignment with adjacent product lines
· Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
Requirements Prioritization and Release Management:
· Define and lead the delivery of customer outcomes and success targets for your product line
· Effectively collaborate across product lines to reach agreement on, and deliver, new and improved products to market
· Establish and maintain relationships across business units to continuously evaluate and manage cross-company dependencies and priorities
· Lead and be accountable for product and feature plans for each iteration of your product line
· Collaborate effectively with Engineering, Quality, UX and Release Management to understand status, risks, dependencies and adapt when necessary
· Direct the production of baseline documentation and technical enablement content. Transfer knowledge to Outbound PM, Support and Documentation teams
· Participate and contribute to press and analyst briefings as needed
· Drive engagement and training for internal and external designers and developers in and manage the feedback loop
· Define key product outcomes and success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & measured
· Continuously learn how internal and external customer end-users use your products, their gains & pains, reasons behind usage and adoption trends, and convert insights to product development action
· Know your top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, and what they need from your products to be successful, near and long term.Qualifications
To be successful in this role you have:
· 10+ years of professional experience in Product Management, or commiserate experience
· Strategic mindset: able to drive product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes; able to make trade-off decisions considering what’s desirable, viable and technically feasible
· Technically savvy with experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful customer experiences, preferably in a SaaS/PaaS environment
· Leadership skills: can use customer, market, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with, and influence, internal and external parties
· Great management skill make you a great person to report to; someone who cultivates the talent of your team members and relishes their career advancement
· Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities, while also keeping others focused on shared priorities. Be comfortable saying ‘No.’
· Top-notch written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated experience in gathering, defining and effectively capturing product requirements and transforming them into an actionable product roadmap
· Customer focus: has deep curiosity about customer needs, as well as a track record in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
· Insights development: empathetic around customer problems, able to distill insights into the right product answer and create insightful narrative from customer feedback
· Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
· Has a track record of productive collaboration with engineers, designers, and other product managers and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
· Passion for design thinking, product management best practices and shaping the future of how enterprises operate
· Hands-on experience working with ServiceNow
· Familiarity with Platforms like force.com, Microsoft PowerApps, SAP, Intuit, Appian, Pega or others
· Deep understanding of the role, and potential, of design systems
· Understanding of contemporary software delivery methodologies, like DevOps, and/or developer tools.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.