Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Director of Product Management?
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help drive Clearcover’s continuous improvement of our customer acquisition experiences. We need someone with a practical knowledge of product activation, engagement, and retention strategies. You will work directly with product leadership and other functional leaders of the organization to drive product ideation and roadmap development. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the consumer front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity to drive key decisions and work at the intersection of marketing, technology, underwriting, and customer experiences to build world-class insurance products. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with product leadership to drive product expansion, strategy, roadmap and backlog prioritization.
- You will own KPI development for your products, including monitoring of qualitative and quantitative user feedback to help drive product decisions, improvements, and growth.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Underwriting, Product Design and Engineering to identify business opportunities that will improve our customer acquisition strategies to achieve a positive LTV at a desired CAC.
- You will drive hypothesis and data driven experimentation with the goal of improving conversion and reducing CAC across all of our channels.
- If/When needed, you will write user stories, facilitate grooming and planning sessions, and UAT product deliverables.
- You will provide hands-on leadership to Product Managers that report to you.
- You will work with the product leadership team to build and drive a strong product culture that understands the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
- You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Product Management.
What are our must haves?
- You have a proven track record of building products that put the consumer front and center. You have 8+ years of experience working in product management and product strategy, with a focus on consumer-facing products (D2C and B2C). You have demonstrated a history of building game changing activation strategies that have helped to lift key company KPIs.
- You have a depth of knowledge and experience with acquisition product experiences regardless of the consumer type and channel. You have a proven track record of building products that activate, engage and retain customers at a positive LTV.
- You understand data . You have a proven track record in using qualitative and quantitative data to drive and back-up product decisions. You’re fluent with defining and tracking product metrics of success.
- You have a proven track record of driving hypothesis and data driven experimentation (A/B and multivariate testing). You have experience in managing and curating a backlog of experiment ideas that are evaluated based off of impact and supported by data.
- You’re a great executer. You have a proven track record of successfully leading the concept creation, discovery, and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You’re able and have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and drive initiatives with little oversight. You have a general manager/owner mentality.
- You have people and team building skills. You have a proven track record of building product teams that foster and nurture a passion for building the best user experience possible. You can demonstrate a history of leading, managing, and mentoring multiple product managers. You have the ability to manage up -- leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
- You have great communication and relationship skills. You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
What are our nice-to-haves?
MBA candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.