Director of Product Management at Root
What you’ll be doing
- You will hire, lead and grow the product team tasked with unlocking and scaling Root’s differentiated distribution channels through partnerships and product innovation. You will set the vision for how customers find and engage with Root where they are. You will lead Root’s industry-leading technology innovation efforts to connect customers with the right offer based on their needs, and embed insurance as an integrated API layer into the products, distribution channels, and as a technology layer that plugs directly into customers’ lives. Your team will lead the systems and programs that enable partners ranging from marketing affiliates to independent agents, and develop the technology and customer experiences that will scale one of Root’s fastest-growing acquisition channels.
- The ideal candidate has strong organizational leadership experience and an analytical mindset to organize and lead a complex product portfolio spanning different external stakeholders, and well-honed product instincts to identify opportunities to apply technology and customer-centricity to deliver industry-wide innovation. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end business ownership, and building trust through open and clear written and verbal communication. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years technology industry experience in a product management or related capacity
- 3+ years experience hiring and leading product managers and leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across executive and cross-functional audiences
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading external partnership collaborations that have yielded tangible results
- Experience leading technology and data science-driven products such as AI/ML, external API development, and complex technology architectures