Director of Product Management at Pangea Money Transfer (Chicago, IL)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Pangea offers a smarter way for people to move money around the world to friends and family. Founded in 2012, Pangea started with a mission to revolutionize the remittance industry by providing customers a powerful, easy-to-use mobile application to send money internationally. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help underbanked immigrants gain financial independence.
Pangea operates as an independent subsidiary under Enova International (NYSE: ENVA). Also headquartered in Chicago, Enova is a leading financial technology company offering accessible credit to millions of customers. Together, Pangea and Enova are on a mission to help hardworking people get access to fair financial services.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
About the role
As Director of Product Management at Pangea, you will drive the future of our Consumer & Enterprise product lines. You will report directly to the Vice President of Product & Marketing. You’re the right candidate if you’re a self-motivated, technical, organized, and results-oriented person who has built and scaled world-class consumer tech products. You are a huge customer advocate, an excellent communicator, a big thinker, and a detail-oriented executor. You bring out the best in your teams and believe that decisions should be made through a combination of insights and data.
As Director of Product Management, you'll get to:
- Lead and mentor a talented team of product managers.
- Develop product strategy aligned to the company goals
- Synthesize customer feedback, market opportunities and internal capabilities to develop product vision & roadmap.
- Build annual product plans and manage our quarterly product development cadence by researching long-range initiatives that eventually become features for the next quarter.
- Provide ongoing visibility to the rest of the company regarding the long-term roadmap and short-term priorities.
- Be the in-house expert of all details related to our customers, product and competition by developing a framework to obtain user feedback, gather competitive intelligence and track product behavioral data to inform the feature prioritization process.
- Develop go-to-market plans and drive execution.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in mobile & consumer Product Management.
- Experience managing a team.
- A track record of discovering, building, and scaling products that customers love.
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with a strong business acumen.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others.
- Proven success leading Product teams & product strategy.
- Exemplary cross-functional verbal and written communication skills from influencing senior management to inspiring developers.
- Experience working with teams in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Experience sourcing and taking customer insights and translating them into superior user experience flows or product features.
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Bonus points if you have:
- An MBA.
- Experience in the banking, payments and/or financial services industries.
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description