Director, Product Management
Peapod.com is the leading grocery delivery provider in the nation and we’ve been delivering innovative solutions for customers of our service for over 25 years. Our goal is to “Amaze & Delight” each of our customers, every day.
We are seeking a Director of Product Management to drive business initiatives by defining the strategic direction and advancement of the IT processes, capabilities and tools critical to Peapod’s systems and service. The Director of Product will serve as an expert across all customer and business facing solutions related to the Peapod service and will navigate between the business and IT in delivering on a defined roadmaps. This role partners with Ahold Delhaize US Brand teams to evaluate opportunities and help define business cases and ROIs tied to strategic initiatives supporting the brands. The Director establishes processes and governance for evaluating roadmap priorities and partners closely with various stakeholders to refine roadmaps. This person also represent the business objectives through delivery of each feature implementation and ensures the end goal meets the original needs.
This position requires strong problem solving and facilitation skills. Requires driving resolution of incidents through others; and strong technical skills in the area assigned. Knowledge of Peapod business domains and supporting infrastructure and applications is a definite advantage. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in Scrum Agile development methodology and practice and a subject matter expert in eCommerce solutions. Proficiency in Jira or a similar development management toolset is required. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- 8+ years experience in eCommerce business
- 5+ years experience in Product Management
- Broad understanding of eCommerce business processes and interdependencies
- Experience in working with Development and UI teams
- High-level technical understanding (development methodologies, phases, etc)
- Proven track record in working collaboratively across functional areas to drive results
- Interact effectively with representatives from Technology and other Business areas
- Undergraduate degree required
- Fast learner and self starter
- Worked within Scrum Agile methodology
- Project management tools like Jira, Slack and Confluence
- Strong Technology and eCommerce background
- Proven track record of managing software product roadmaps
- Deep knowledge of the Peapod business and customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; presentation experience to small and large groups both internally and externally
- Leadership presence
Peapod offers a competitive starting salary, with excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match, paid time off and flexible spending accounts...and a discount on your groceries! You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.