Director of Product Management
Job Title: Director of Product Management, Morningstar Indexes
The Group: Morningstar Indexes provide indexing solutions to measure and benchmark markets and asset classes around the world, offering a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity, and asset allocation indexes. Morningstar Indexes are designed to help investors at every stage of the investment process—market monitoring, benchmarking, asset allocation, and portfolio construction. Global asset managers use Morningstar indexes, including strategic beta based on proprietary research, to create investment solutions to meet investor goals.
The Role: As director of Product Management, you will be responsible for successfully brining new index products to the market and managing them through the complete life-cycle. The responsibilities will range from translating industry trends into product concepts, product design and enhancements, product positioning, developing training programs and client support. The Director of Product Management role is critical to driving business growth and delivering on business goals. This role reports to the Head of Index Products.
- Manage a global team of product managers across different product lines and regions
- Develop new product strategy that includes: building the investment and business rationale that conveys the “why” behind the products we develop, creating product roadmaps aligned with strategic business goals, and crafting value propositions
- Communicate strategy to key internal stakeholders: sales, marketing, product engineers (NPD) and operations
- Manage product roadmaps and work closely with product engineering team to optimize time-to market
- Drive product launches by owning go-to-market strategy and act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding and act as a key point of contact for our index products both internally and externally
- Manage contract negotiation for licensing indexes for a range of applications
- Oversee integration of Morningstar Indexes on internal and external platforms
- Drive revenue from current clients through co-marketing, promoting thought leadership, and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Drive global customer satisfaction and strengthen client relationships globally. Oversee the continued implementation of key client programs and other service initiatives to deepen and further grow key client relationships
- Support new business development activities by assisting sales team
- 10-12 years of experience within the financial services sector
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Proven track record in product management and new product development.
- Strong interest in financial markets and good knowledge of investments
- Previous experience in launching new products and/or marketing is desirable
- Understanding of the asset management industry, with a strong business acumen
- Demonstrated growth mindset and an ability to stay current on industry best practices and landscape
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.