Director of Product Management
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so progressive organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
We are building an out-of-the-box SaaS platform where executives, marketers, and data scientists work side-by-side to make customer decisions with data.
As the Director of Product, you will:
- Develop a clear product vision, strategy, and quarterly roadmap themes that work back from user problems and weigh business and user experience tradeoffs
- Partner with senior leadership and key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Evangelize a data-driven product development culture, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Be a strong voice for your team, managing expectations with stakeholders across the company and proactively communicating product priorities
- Understand the competitive landscape for data analytics and data science products and validate market opportunities
- Drive product launches, working collaboratively across tech, sales, and marketing to ensure our public messaging aligns with the product strategy.
- 5+ years product management or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills, clear and concise communication, and the ability to target your message to specific audiences
- Demonstrated ability to hire and develop a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team
- Ability to balance creative thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deliver results; you have shipped products that scale and measured the success of these products
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example; you do not delegate what you would not do yourself and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves up to get a project over the line
- US work authorization required
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique B2B software solutions
- Product management experience in a startup or demonstrated experience managing projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW