At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands and retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ShopRunner now has a product portfolio that includes our Membership Network, Same-Day Delivery Exchange and Marketplace Services. With the shift to becoming a product portfolio company, we need to communicate and collaborate program status and goals across teams and functions along with planning for our future growth. The Director of Product Operations is central to how the company operates and will improve the collaboration process while creating the measurements needed to get to the right outcome, faster across all programs. While this role is part of the Product organization, you will work closely with Engineering along with all Marketing, Business and Operations teams to create a 360 degree view of the execution and needs for each program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive effective and efficient teamwork, communication and commitment across cross-functional teams with competing priorities
- Facilitate the process for each team to share regular updates
- Communicate timely product and program status updates, issues and risks in a concise, accurate and data-driven manner across internal teams and to executives
- Maintain transparent communication of all product discovery and development activities, including engineering, design, analytics, data science, etc.
- Facilitate quarterly product & business review presentations to standardize select areas and share the key messages on performance, execution and planning by program
- Drive our quarterly and annual planning processes, from format and execution through follow-up
- Collaborate on program and organization-wide goals, including OKRs and resourcing, to ensure we’re driving toward results and set up for success
- Implement both critical and routine product development process improvements and their measures of success by partnering with the Engineering, Design, Product and Analytics leadership team
- Develop a full-circle product release process (alpha, beta, GA) to collect, quantify, curate and communicate actionable product enhancement feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Define a product and feature sunset process, with cross-functional collaboration and appropriate decision-making oversight
- Maintain an eye toward continuous improvement, with the acknowledgement that each program is unique
- Manage the product stack and tool selection to support the programs, optimize tooling to fit into budget, develop an ongoing budget and maintenance program for the tools and ensure best practices of use
- Partner with product, engineering, design, marketing, analytics, operations, integrations, finance, sales and partner success to launch new products and features
- Track progress across teams in delivering on the goals
- Plan and leading program meetings, driving the execution of complex projects, creating and maintaining schedules and status updates
- Partner with Engineering on all resource capacity and alignment needs
- Anticipate program roadblocks and bottlenecks as well as adapt quickly to schedule shifts and resource constraints.
- Own the development and maintenance of product documentation to ensure continuous alignment across team members and between departments
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Exceptional communication skills -- you cultivate an environment where team members respect each other and work together to deliver high quality products
- 7+ years of project or program management in a business or product organization
- Experience on the technical side of an ecommerce or retail organization
- A focus on how well an organization scales and how efficiently each team member operates to achieve the desired customer and business results
- Proven track record of leading project management teams, delivering complex products and features to customers and developing an effective cross-functional collaboration model
- Experienced in partnering with and bringing multiple departments into alignment
- Strong communication skills: Able to communicate complex data in a simple format to share decisions, processes and tradeoffs
- Process obsessed with a bias toward action
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.