Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere. We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a Director of Product to help our Product team take charge of product strategy, roadmapping, and product plan execution across the organization. In collaboration with the Marketplace, Sales, and Technology teams, you will function as the main advocate for PerkSpot’s product roadmap for the tools our colleagues use.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Product Development Team
To make our products, we have product managers, software engineers, QA Analysts, and DevOp Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep us moving and improving. The Product Development team works collaboratively to set our product roadmap and strategize ways to accomplish its goals, while keeping consumer experience and product functionality top of mind. As our Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for defining and prioritizing the requirements of our internal products, and working with development, design, and stakeholders to ensure that all requirements and OKRs are met.
Life as our Product Director:
- You will impact the lives of millions of people and their families.
- Your friends and family are going to understand the work you do, because you’re rarely more than a couple blocks from an employer or brand whom PerkSpot works with.
- You will develop a consistent track record of “winning the right way.” Winning because you delivered results in an ethical way you can feel good about, and you made smart decisions that have long-term impacts on the success of PerkSpot.
- Be an owner. Every employee receives meaningful equity ownership in the company.
- Deploy millions of dollars toward a product roadmap that tangibly contributed to the impressive growth of PerkSpot.
- Lead a team of high-performance product managers who are known for consistently understanding the market, our business and paths to advance.
- Break silos between Data and IT/Product departments
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in a tech-enabled business, preferably in ecommerce.
- 3+ years experience hiring and developing product teams in a collaborative and empowering way by developing a structured approach for aligning strategies with technical plans and measures.
- Experience collaborating with talented technology teams of 10-25 people, preferably in a mix of in-house, local and off-shore talent using popular Agile Frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience developing and communicating enterprise-wide product roadmaps, and leading the collaboration around priorities and resource constraints, including the ability to communicate with board-level stakeholders.
- Experience validating and refining product strategy and vision through market research, modeling, and testing.
- The ability to develop and manage a KPI/ROI-based culture of results.
- Strong growth and entrepreneurial mindset with a positive attitude
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage products simultaneously
- Promote a culture of experimentation, data-informed decision-making, and member-listening across the organization, and support staff members in developing these skills.
Your First Few Months
During your onboarding, you will meet and develop relationships with all the teams you’ll be working with - design, development, stakeholders, etc. You will then learn everything there is to know about the current PerkSpot product, including its shortcomings, and become familiar with our product roadmap. You will then work with our internal Tech and Product teams to optimize that roadmap for the better, and set an execution plan. After that’s in place, you’ll develop and implement an operating and reporting cadence and get to work improving a product that’s used and trusted by millions of consumers and the world’s top employers.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.