Director of Product
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last eight years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 175 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Director of Product to our team.
Reporting to our VP of Product, you will own the execution of our product roadmap and discovery process, and solve interesting problems. As the Director of Product, you'll be responsible for setting the development roadmap for product enhancements and executing on that roadmap. You will help Product Managers to develop and drive business requirements. You'll work with product managers to translate market trends, customer needs, and competitive intelligence into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems, and evangelize those innovations internally and externally.
As the Director of Product, you'll be responsible for:
- Own the execution of the product roadmap. Work with the senior management team to drive the overall product vision and strategy.
- Lead an exceptional team of Product Managers, UX Designers, and Front End Engineers – recruit, retain and develop the team effectively to ensure company goals are consistently met.
- Develop product strategy while identifying market needs and opportunities; serving as the knowledge leader of the competitive landscape.
- Identify and manage to key performance metrics as well as implement processes for measuring success including financial objectives, release/development schedules and milestones.
- Oversee all product planning including the development and constant refinement of an agile product management process.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
A Strong, Dynamic Leader - you will be leading the charge in our Product Roadmap, and need to have high energy and focus to ensure your team is meeting key performance metrics. You should have demonstrated several years working in a product leadership role for a software or services company.
Metrics-Driven - we’re passionate about data and trends and managing to key performance indicators. We want you to be as passionate about our bottoms-up approach to managing the business.
Communication - you need to be able to tell Hireology’s story in all types of arenas and audiences. We need you to make sure people understand and embrace Hireology and your ability to effectively communicate in a large group setting is a major factor.
Integrity - not negotiable in this role or any at Hireology.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in Director of Product candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Minimum of 8 years of product management experience with a successful track record of designing, building and launching new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA strongly preferred.
- Must have both an innovative and strategic mindset.
- Previous accountability for the financial performance of a product.
- Highly collaborative leader with the ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment.
- Experience in HR Tech, Human Capital, or IO Psychology a plus, experience leading a team with a high growth startup is a plus.