Director, Product at Forager
Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’ve created a new role, Director of Product, to build and manage our product team and focus on translating customer, carrier and business needs to product. Reporting to our CEO, the Director of Product will oversee the hiring, management, and mentorship of product managers. You will be responsible for building out a world class product management department and ensure the smooth execution of complex deliverables. The impact you make in the role will be felt throughout Forager.
Unfortunately, we are not able to consider candidates outside of the Chicagoland areas at this time.
What will you do?
- Work with our CEO and CTO, leading the development of our product strategy and drive a product roadmap. Deliver products rapidly and effectively.
- Deeply understand our customers’ and carriers’ needs and changing needs as the product evolves through well-articulated user stories.
- Build a best-in-class product team in Chicago that attracts and inspires top talent.
- Communicate and document features from inception to delivery. Effectively communicate trade-offs when making prioritization decisions.
- Build a strong customer engagement methodology which incorporates customer feedback (both internal and external) into roadmap prioritization.
- Develop relationships with customers and employees to evangelize our product internally and externally. Drive excitement and enthusiasm for new product releases.
- Analyze financials, set goals, KPIs and ROIs and track success of product roadmap.
Who you are?
- You’ve been both an individual contributor and a manager of multiple product teams.
- You have deep experience translating complicated problems into product.
- You’ve developed and communicated multi-year product roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of various software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Knowledge of marketplace and/or SaaS business trends. Knowledge of the 3PL Logistics space a plus.
- A deep curiosity of marketplaces and how they grow and thrive
- Experience working with fast-paced startups and the grit to keep up with a high growth environment
- Proven ability to succeed independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a vague environment
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate effectively where possible
- You are a great communicator, issue resolver. You know how to listen, give good news, and hard news.
- Entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.