EDW Sr. Product Manager
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
In this role, you will manage a team that is responsible for meeting the data needs for various business lines. You will be a champion for the adoption and accuracy of existing products as well as developing new BI solutions.
Groupon embraces being an ever-changing, evolving workplace and sometimes that can mean ambiguity. But you’re a problem solver at heart and is creative in conceptualizing and defining innovative data opportunities. A natural leader who takes the initiative, your skills lie in communicating a clear vision, building consensus across multi-functional teams and cutting through the roadblocks to deliver the results every time. At Groupon we value divergence of thought, so we want someone who is prepared to push back and question the status quo when needed. Is this you?
Parsing and analysing vast amounts of data is a centrally important part of Groupon’s business: it helps us gain better insights into our customers’ needs as well as understand our own processes and identify ways in which we can improve. Our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is the heart of this system and we are looking for someone to join us as Senior Product Manager and help us shape the growth of this business-critical function.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
If you’re interested in putting your stamp on how we manage our data streams, and if Groupon sounds like somewhere you’d be at home, then get in touch.
More info about what the role entails
- You will build and lead a high performance engineering team;
- You will define and drive Business intelligence and Data warehouse product strategy and execution
- You will collaborate with the partners to ensure the EDW developments are aligned with the business needs
- Create business cases for new product development to achieve sponsorship
- Lead the prioritization and resource planning process
- Recruit and retain excellent Data Product Managers, inspire them to hit short-term targets and lead them in planning for long-term growth
- Minimize randomization through regular communication with key team members
- Be the voice of the customer
- Be a leader with vision and work with the executive teams to define critical metrics
What we’d like you to have
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with at least 5 years of product management experience
- Experience with developing and managing high performance teams
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling and reporting solutions
- Strategic thinker with deep business insight and an intuitive mind who can provide a systemic approach at integrating disparate pieces of information and synthesize recommendations
- Able to convey complex information to a broad audience both in person and via keyboard
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Hive/Hadoop
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, and collaborate with teams in different time zones (US, UK, India)
- Familiarity with MPP systems are preferred, but not required
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.