Group Product Manager, ML Decisioning at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. We are a very data driven company so we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as underwriting, fraud, securitizations, pricing, and consumer personalization.
We are a very data driven company so we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as underwriting, fraud, capital markets, pricing (for merchants and consumers), and personalization. To achieve our ambitious goals for these areas, we’re looking for a Group Product Manager of Decisioning to join our Product Team. This role will empower our teams to build delightful and magical user experiences through seamless automated decisioning powered by machine learning.
This product manager will be responsible for setting product strategies around our key product area of pricing dynamically, decisioning outside of pricing that is powered by machine learning, and enabling new verticals. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product for Foundations, which consists of Machine Learning, Trust & Safety, Customer Identity, Capital Technology, and Care product teams.
What you'll do
- Proactively identify areas where we can leverage machine learning (ML) to solve difficult problems
- Drive product requirements, strategy for data collection, and ML models within Affirm
- Keep up with cutting edge technologies that can potentially be applied to Affirm use-cases
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process of ML/data product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) with intelligent automation at the forefront
- Leverage data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of data and ML products
- Create data strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure engineering teams are positioned to deliver results
- Provide an end-to-end machine learning development process in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders to design, build and manage reproducible, testable, and evolvable ML-powered product experiences
What we look for
- 8+ years experience in Product Management
- Experience managing a team
- Nice to have: 2+ years of technical product management
- Nice to have: Experience mentoring and managing a team of 1-3 PMs
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in Machine Learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with ops and business partners at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Experience developing roadmaps and long-term data-driven strategies for improving operations, data platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality
- Deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and services