Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Product Manager is effectively the CEO of their area, working with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences, delight our users and support the business growth. This role is both technical and business facing and the successful candidate should be analytical, creative and comfortable driving vision, writing technical specifications and leading decision-making discussions. For this role of Group Product Manager -Platform & Intelligence, you will own the vision and strategy of our core platform, with responsibility of managing a small product team and opportunities to be hands on with new product exploration.
- Develop and champion for the product vision and roadmap of our core platform products based on business vision, user research, market, competitive analysis, data analysis and in collaboration with product leaders and leaders in various departments.
- Lead and coach a small team of product managers to create solutions to support scaling of the business. Unblock and empower the team as they deliver results.
- Influence the business strategy and operations with product insights and a strong cross-functional partnership.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across partners.
We are excited if you...
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting; an MBA or Master’s degree in technology or business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a minimum of 8 years strong product experience with a track record of successfully delivering business impacting features.
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience managing a suite of complex products, including products from conception, launch to scale.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience managing product managers at various levels, with proven results in hiring, career development and retention.
- Have experience delivering internal or B2B products.
- Have direct or managerial experience with products powered by machine learning.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from product metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have strong organizational skills and influence across various departments.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Have a strong empathy and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Have demonstrated the capability to translate complex business and product goals into clearly understandable product specifications.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.