Group Product Manager at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last 10 years, we have grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members, and we've created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Group Product Manager, Platform to our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team while having a substantial impact on our growth.
Reporting to our VP of Corporate Development, you will own product strategy, roadmap, and execution for Partner Integrations and Internal Tools. It’s a unique leadership role blending product, technical, and commercial aspects. As the Group Product Manager, Platform, your responsibilities will include:
- Independently own and drive the direction of the assigned products or capabilities, including establishing the vision and strategy for one or more products or capabilities in alignment with overall corporate strategy
- Effectively communicate and advocate the product/capability strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specific initiatives to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Create, drive and own the product/capability roadmap
- Balance priorities of feature needs and roadmap, including negotiation and coordination among business stakeholders and technology teams
- Develop business cases and rationale to validate roadmaps and strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s end-to-end business processes and how they relate to technology
- Manage the overall business requirements, process design documentation and deliverables, leveraging practices and tools, in alignment with industry best practices
- Collaborate with peers and leaders across the business to solicit needs and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Define initiative success criteria and business metrics to measure results, including reporting results and making future recommendations based on those results
- Evaluate and report progress against roadmap and defined outcomes to executive leadership, key business stakeholders and technology partners
- Leverage deep knowledge of the challenges impacting the customer experience, including the technical, functional, process, and compliance considerations, and creatively define solutions to those challenges; inform and evangelize a strong customer focus and customer experience that aligns decision making
- Develop a strong collaborative working partnership with other product managers and technology teams to manage dependencies on cross-team initiatives
- Partner with stakeholders to develop appropriate change management strategy and training materials to ensure successful uptake and adoption of new tools and processes
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitive and best practices as well as technical analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the assigned products or capabilities; use knowledge of industry insights and industry best practices to inform ongoing product or capability development
Partner Integrated Solutions and Ecosystem:
- Partner with VP of Corporate Development and senior leadership to help define and expand Hireology’s integrations strategy. Identify and grow external partnerships with products & services that would increase the value of Hireology’s suite for specific pre-hire (e.g., ZipRecruiter, Facebook. Google, Background Checks, Reference Checks) and post-hire workflows (e.g., Onboarding, Payroll, HRIS, etc.)
- Lead efforts to build push APIs and position Hireology as a desired partner for others to integrate against
Internal Tools & Services:
- In partnership with Sales & Customer Success, help maintain internal tools such as Zuora. Proactively identify opportunities to incorporate insights from internal tools to drive engaging customer behavior and in-app upsell opportunities.
- Drive efforts to scope & build critical BE services (e.g., Jobs Service, Finance Service) that enable smooth & efficient FE features & customer-facing operations
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team and ensure effective prioritization of their roadmaps, timely execution of their sprints, and delivery of measurable results
- Managing day-to-day pod operations is not required, but you are expected to understand, guide, and oversee all technical and commercial aspects of your teams & stakeholders at a level that ensures speed & efficiency
- Advocate for and build maturity within the product management discipline
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- A Strong, Dynamic Leader: You will need to lead with high energy and focus to ensure your team is meeting key performance metrics.
- Problem Solver: Product development can be challenging, with new developments everyday. You’ll manage and provide guidance on problems or issues as they arise, and proactively look for solutions that offer wider benefits.
- Metrics-Driven: We make decisions based on data, so we expect you to be a disciplined leader who reasons through frameworks, trends, and data observations.
- Effective Communicator: You need to be able to speak to various audiences via diverse channels, including customer calls, partner meetings, and company town halls.
- Integrity & Empathy: Our company values guide us to do what’s right and to do it while considering the full spectrum of our employees’ & customers’ needs.
- Calculated Risk-Taking: The candidate would have former and new colleagues, stakeholders, and external partners advocate for them as an innovator, a strong productive partner, and entrepreneurial. This person respects the rules but doesn’t always follow them, to consistently deliver breakthroughs.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Group Product Manager candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product management with 2+ years spent in integrations, partner development, commercialization, and / or API engineering
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Successful track record of designing, building and launching new products & features
- Experience with beta testing, customer management, and go-to-market execution
- Must have an innovative, strategic, technical, and commercial mindset
- Proven ability to partner & coordinate across diverse functions including Corporate Development, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Marketing
- Strong communication skills, including effective speaking & clear business & technical writing
- Highly collaborative team leader who works effectively in a fast-paced, energetic, and results-driven environment
- Experience with popular data analytics & visualization packages (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Heap, etc.)
- Background in SaaS and / or HR Tech preferred
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with members of our Leadership Team, as well as, our Product team to discuss how you would make an impact in this role.
- Complete and present a Case Study that will be assigned to you
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with someone from our Senior Leadership team. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.