Head of Indexes Products
The Group: Morningstar Indexes provide indexing solutions to measure and benchmark markets and asset classes around the world and offer a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity, and asset allocation indexes. Morningstar Indexes are designed to help investors at every stage of the investment process--market monitoring, benchmarking, asset allocation, and portfolio construction. Global asset managers use Morningstar`s strategic beta indexes, which are based on proprietary research, to create investment solutions to meet investor goals.
The Role: The Head of Index Products will report to the Head of Indexes and lead the execution of strategy for Morningstar Indexes by effectively managing people, processes and systems. The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with the product, technology, marketing, data and finance leadership to ensure alignment between the operations and Morningstar’s business overall.
• Drive excellence in the operations, systems, processes and policies of Index business to build a robust operation capable of efficiently supporting Indexes growing business.
• Develop, implement and manage a strategy for Indexes to fully leverage Morningstar’s core functional capabilities in research, data aggregation, technology, marketing, finance and sales to meet client needs.
• Strengthen skills of global leadership team by clarifying roles and responsibilities and empowering existing team. Develop people management skills.
• Build cohesive team culture by ensuring strategic alignment, open communication and trust.
• Oversee marketing strategy in collaboration with the client and product marketing organization.
• Driving global customer satisfaction and strengthening client relationships globally.
• Support new business development activities by providing robust support to the go to market teams.
• Proven success in people leadership and developing a vision in solving operational challenges and/or leading major projects or initiatives.
• Demonstrated change agent. Adapts quickly to meet changing needs, priorities and demands of the business. Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization. Ability to look at situations from several points of view, internally, externally and cross-functionally.
• Strong interest in financial markets and good knowledge of investments.
• Proven success in operations and product management.
• Understanding of the asset management industry, with a proven business acumen.
• 10+ years of experience within the financial services sector.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity