Head of Product, Survey
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
The world of survey research is going through tectonic transformations today. The traditional method of measurement (random sampling using telephone survey) became obsolete yet the industry struggles to define the research method adopted to this era. Civis is a leader in this movement to create a new practice of measurement. We believe business, political campaigns, the government of all levels need a cost-efficient and unbiased method of measuring public opinions to aid their decision-making.
We are seeking a lead for our Survey Research products who will be responsible for the Civis research offering across three major areas.
The first area is the enhancement of online sampling software to reach a representative set of audience in a fast and scalable manner. The second is the measurement of opinions via survey interview software, both in-house and external. The third is building a delivery mechanism of the result -- integration with the rest of Civis software to enable clients to apply insights from the research into action!
- Conduct analysis to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our current and potential competitors. Define competitive positioning and guide the team on what to build.
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs to identify and fill product gaps, generate ideas to drive market share, improve user experience and generate revenue growth.
- Apply a customer-centric approach to product definition and development. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Validate market on new opportunities.
- Drive launches, working collaboratively with software development, marketing, and sales teams to ensure promotional messaging aligns with the product strategy.
- Partner with revenue teams to establish pricing strategy for all products.
- Champion a customer-centric approach to products and services definition and development. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Translate and communicate customer outcomes to help teams understand the impact of their work.
- Act as key evangelist serving as the public face of products with the press, market analysts, strategic partners, and other industry leaders. Conduct product demos and training as needed to educate organization about the products and features built.
- Commit to being a presence at a range of industry events including conventions, panels, and forums. Submit and present talks to establish the business leaders in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Working knowledge of the survey technology landscape
- Demonstrates clear understanding of agile principles, processes and development
- Ability to break down problems into clear user stories, prioritize them, and work closely with Design, Engineering, and Data Science to drive them to completion
- Comfort with making connections between how complex technical issues impact both end users and Civis
- A track record of being a great communicator and self starter who isn’t afraid to get in the weeds and truly understand the product you are building
- Knows how to collaboratively build a product roadmap
- A passion to pursue voice of the customer, including: market research and user interviews
- Strong project management skills
- Displays clear empathy towards users
- Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- A track record of successfully releasing products on time and within budget
- Startup experience
- Experience with data or analytics technologies
- Knowledge of Jira
- Comfortable managing product development through the full life cycle
- Understands A/B testing and how and when best to use it
- Experience in developing long term product strategy
- Experience using event analytics to inform product building decisions
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW