Infrastructure Product Manager - Logging Services
The Group: Fueling the technologies that drive our products and support our company`s infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar`s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology`s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: The Product manager for the Splunk Center of Excellence (COE), reports to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering - North America and is the owner of Morningstar's Global Logging service. They will be accountable for business relationship management, service strategy, roadmap, implementation, driving the adoption of and evangelizing the logging services based on Splunk throughout the organization.
• Accountable for Morningstar’s global Logging services including Splunk and SyslogNG
• Responsible for providing customer service adoption support and solution architecture
• Establish business relationships with stakeholders across the organization to develop the service strategy.
• Facilitates maturity of the Splunk implementation team and customer base through education and communication programs
• Provides oversight on projects and cross-departmental initiatives
• Define service scope, enhancements, metrics and outcomes
• Development of service business cases including service financial modelling and planning
• Creation and prioritization of service roadmaps, ensuring that service and enterprise roadmaps align
• Service change management, release planning and deployment in partnership with Project management, Engineering and operational resources.
• Assist in Service operational support as necessary (Participate in incident and problem management as necessary)
• Track alignment of services to the roadmap and to financial models
• Vendor selection and management
• Partner with Infrastructure architects to develop architecture
• Service technical governance and standards
• Service technical decision-making support
• 5+ years working in a business or internal customer relationship capacity, able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with excellent interpersonal skills
• 5+ years of demonstrable experience in managing technology platforms and involved in complex deployments
• 3+ years of experience with large scale deployments of Splunk, with some understanding of the technical aspects
• Must be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements for implementation in Splunk
• Some level of Splunk certification would be advantageous
• Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• This role will be a part of the internal customer face of Morningstar’s IT infrastructure teams, a customer-service focus orientated mindset is essential
• Knowledge of ITIL foundations and concepts would be advantageous
• Interest in the investment industry and strong knowledge of technology developments and trends is an advantage
• A bachelor’s degree
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.