What is Sylon Solutions?
We are on a mission to help people build products in a better way and help companies, large & small, have better, faster, cheaper and more successful product innovation & development efforts. We work with senior management to take strategic ideas and rapidly turn them into credible and investable propositions through our rapid validation sprints and then leverage our digital acceleration platform to build live pilots faster than ever. By deploying our innovation enablement platform large corporations can leverage the untapped innovation potential within their employees. Anyone can access tools and self-guided processes to turn their idea into something tangible. It's all about letting employees get their big idea off the ground through simple and concrete steps, outside the normal company bureaucracy. This will enable corporations to foster a more innovative, experimenting culture within the company. We want to create innovators and not just innovations.
What type of people work at Sylon?
The Sylon culture is all about “get it done and have some fun”. Sylon people are focused on delivering impact and fast. We prefer collaborative approaches to problem solving where everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. We are entrepreneurial in mindset and are always looking to solve something big but taking a small step and testing to see if that gets us closer to our goal. We are never satisfied with the current state and are continually looking for ways to improve our products and processes.
Why would I want to become part of the Sylon Team?
This is an opportunity to join the early stages of an interesting, Irish based start-up with strong ambition and backing. To be part of a team building products and services that will be used by global brands around the world. To get the chance to work on new product innovation projects with global brands and to make an impact from day one. To work with and learn from a hugely experienced team from a diverse mix of backgrounds including design, engineering, fine art, architecture, decision science, and business strategy.
What is the role?
The role we are seeking to fill is an ‘Innovation Principal’. We are looking for someone who is passionate about innovation and product development who can liaise with clients to bring them through our structure validation sprint to turn strategic ideas into credible board level investment proposals. We want a thought leader to be able to help us refine and create new tools and processes in the area of innovation management and guide the development of our innovation platform & toolkits. You will own the creation and refinement of our playbooks, tools or exercises and the entire client experience for this validation sprint. You will facilitate workshops, manage the client experience and be responsible for the overall delivery the agreed assets.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be responsible for end-to-end project delivery of strategy & innovation engagements including client relationship management, team management and completion of final deliverables.
- You’ll facilitate and manage innovation workshops to define client requirement.
- Accountable for quality of services deliverables, ensuring alignment to agreed SoW commitments and guaranteeing client satisfaction
- Identifying and managing project risks, managing deviations & change requests
- You’ll help improve & refine our innovation toolkit by creating playbooks and repeatable processes.
- You’ll work with designers and developers to turn your user stories into prototypes and pilots
- You’ll coach clients through design thinking & lean start-up methodologies to test new concepts
- You will facilitate & design different types of innovation programmes we deploy with our clients.
- You will coordinate and execute qualitative (e.g. facilitating co-creation sessions, conducting interviews, performing usability studies, etc.) & quantitative research (e.g. survey creation) and translate into rich user insights that give feedback on new concepts.
- You will be involved in pitching our services to win new business.
- You will build relationships with senior stakeholders in our client organisations.
- Project status reporting to client and company management
- Coaching & mentoring of junior project/account team members