Insurance Product Director
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the role?
We are seeking an Insurance Product Management leader to provide countrywide management of our core lines of business and support Clearcover’s growth and profit objectives. Alongside our Chief Actuary, you will be accountable for designing and managing personal lines insurance products at a national level. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our product and technology teams to develop, implement and monitor insurance products, strategies, and systems that balance and optimize growth, profitability and operating costs.
What will you do?
- Help create insurance product strategy, drive rapid insurance product development and support all state expansion efforts.
- Share overall P&L responsibility; develop insurance business/product strategies to maximize value creation through sustainable growth and high-quality customer experiences.
- Analyze and monitor insurance product performance to make data-based decisions regarding underwriting, coverage, and pricing to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with our CEO and COO to ensure all state and product initiatives are compliant with regulations and meet with company strategies.
- Act as a product line expert and maintain a thorough knowledge of product features and benefits, as well as industry product trends; provide product expertise to various internal areas, including product, engineering, growth, and claims.
- Implement strategies at a state level to ensure adherence to and consistency with national strategies.
- Act as our competitive intelligence analyst, studying and delivering learnings from competitor filings and market basket reports.
- Help us build an insurance product organization that is willing to think about operations and output from first principles.
What do you need?
- 5-10 years progressively more responsible work experience in insurance product management or a related field.
- Direct experience applying customer lifetime value concepts to pricing and profitability decisions
- Able to work hand-in-hand with our technology team to seamlessly blend insurance and product/technology goals and outcomes, as proven by successful past collaboration.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only. Also must be a team player and able to operate as a “player-coach.”
- Relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an analytical field of study such as Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics
- Personal lines experience strongly preferred
- A passion for learning and improvement
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social