Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is revolutionizing the home insurance industry. We think homeowners deserve better, so we’re making the process of quoting and purchasing insurance easier.
In order to continue to offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance Product experts. We’re looking for innovative thinkers who agree with us, insurance can be exciting! This individual will bring their industry expertise and lend a hand to multiple areas of the business including managing to profitable growth for our lines of business and assigned states. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of management including pricing, policy and forms, underwriting, agency management, regulatory, planning, project management, and implementation.
We’ll look to you to develop integrated state-specific strategies including actuarial, claims, distribution and other functional areas as well as to align and measure goals set against our financial plans.
A day in the life could include
- P&L responsibility for line of business and/or states
- Representing Kin as a company expert and authority on line of business and/or states including detailed understanding of market underwriting, pricing, competitors, agencies, business mix, regulations
- Create line of business / state strategies including all operational goals and measures including; customer experience and satisfaction, policyholder retention, quotes, sales, conversion, new business growth, underwriting quality, price segmentation, agency management, and claims trends
- Align operational goals and measures across functions for financial planning and evaluation
- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- File and gain approval of changes requiring regulatory approval
- Communicate and plan state strategies with managers across all functional areas and leadership team
- Lead line of business and state teams
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- BS degree ideally with a focus in mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Proven success leading lines of business or state teams
- Ability to create lines of business and state strategies supported by operational plans and measures
- Highly motivated to improve the insurance industry
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Passion for customer service and doing things the right way
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description