Responsible for the strategic development of new features and organization of existing features for the key product areas that serve to drive traffic, customer experience, revenue growth and profitability for the Company. Analyzes complex new product design drawings and specifications and translates them into finished high quality commercialized products that provide the company with a passionate advantage in its product portfolio.
Works closely with the engineering team, other Product Manager and business stakeholders to define, manage and deliver on product priorities and ensure a successful roll out and utilization.
• Leads multiple, complex product development projects, simultaneously, in support of the goals and objectives of the Product Management function. Responsible for working closely with the tactical level and with peers cross-functionally and where applicable, the producer function to migrate innovative product design concepts into finished, scalable, high quality commercialized goods that provide the Company with a competitive advantage in the marketplace relative to its portfolio of products.
• Assess business and technical requirements from various entities and synthesize requirements into a consolidated roadmap.
• Leverages broad knowledge and experience, engineering principles, manufacturing technologies, supply chain characteristics in providing guidance to technical teams.
• Closely monitors progress on projects including the development of prototypes and models, where appropriate. Based on the close monitoring, this role may negotiate modifications to original specifications or deadlines as technical challenges, failures or other project issues arise.
• Recommends new product development and enhancements.
• Evaluates the product requirements and design documents to determine how to best structure the product development process in a given case. Identifies the human, technical and other resources necessary to deliver the product project on time and within budget.
• Identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Assigns projects or project elements to the team of Product Managers and clarifies the goals and objectives for the project and each of its stages.
• Communicates product status and roadmap evolution to organization.
• Leads the development and product release process working closely with cross-functional teams
• Captures and shares best practice documents amongst the field and internal teams. Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and presentations.
• Provides counsel and mentorship to less experienced Project Managers. Provides work direction and assignments to project team members. May have direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in technology-based Product Management or operational experience in at least one function within the Retail Sector managing aspects of transformational change through process and technology enablement OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in technology-based Product Management or operational experience in at least one function within the Retail Sector managing aspects of transformational change through process and technology enablement
- Experienced at value anaylsis & finds ways to unlock greater process optimisation through RPA & AI
- Experience working with development teams on all aspects of the product management lifecycle
- Experience working with advanced process design product management/development principles
- Experience managing large scope, complicated projects with multiple partner teams that span multiple releases/phases.
- Able to translate complex topics into clear business-speak
- A good influencer & communicator who is able to create a compelling reason for change
- Able to develop a product roadmap & value case of on-going optimisatin of the product
- Good at self and team development - showing a passion for his / her areas of expertise
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (internationally across more than one continent)
- Familiarity with JDA Planogram Systems
- Understanding of Product Placement, Assortment Optimization, Floor Planning, and Space Planning
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Experience strategizing and leading large, complicated product visions with industry impacts
- Lean sigma practitioner
- At least one year’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership