Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 40 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of business analysts and technical product managers. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Senior / Lead Product Manager - Gemini Earn
In this role, you will help determine the direction of Gemini’s yield-generating product strategy, including the popular Gemini Earn, and develop innovative new products. You’ll be responsible for understanding the ever-changing crypto market, identifying strategic opportunities, building and evolving a roadmap, and delivering new products and features in collaboration with technology and cross-functional team members that enhance the user experience for our customers. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and fast learner with an affinity for user-focused product development.
- Analyze and synthesize strategic and economic data to ideate new product opportunities
- Leverage quantitative data and operational knowledge to write technical requirements for product enhancements
- Compose product copy and ensure consistent narrative across all product communications
- Interface with customer support to provide product expertise
- Ideate, run, and analyze A/B tests for web and mobile
- 3-5 years work experience in product management for a fintech or retail-focused application
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; MBA/MS a plus
- Experience using software development tools and practices (version control, issue tracking tools, programming and scripting languages)
- Experience creating financial models for product decision-making, especially for pricing, demand estimation and market sizing
- Ability to develop SQL queries
- Modeling in Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent writing, research, presentation and qualitative analysis skills
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional leadership skills
- Attention to detail and understanding of techniques to avoid statistical errors
- Academic coursework in business and finance
- Major in a quantitative field
- MixPanel, Figma, Looker, Optimizely
- Software engineering experience (developer or tester)
- Customer-facing support or sales experience
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Exposure to accounting practices
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.