Lead Product Manager, ML Credit at Affirm
As a data driven organization, we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas such as underwriting, fraud, capital markets, pricing (for merchants and consumers), and personalization. To achieve our ambitious goals for these areas, we're looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our Product Team. This role will empower our teams to build delightful and magical user experiences through seamless automated decisioning powered by machine learning!
This product manager will be responsible for setting product strategies around our key product areas of consumer credit, underwriting, and loan economics which form the foundation of all end user experiences in the US and globally. This role reports to the Group Product Manager for ML and Risk, which consists of ML, Credit, Pricing, and Merchant Risk.
What You'll Do
- Create new credit products that maximize the value we provide to our consumers
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process for ML and Credit
- Define the success metrics, OKRs and SLAs by partnering with cross functional leaders
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive partners to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of credit products powered by data
- Use data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
What We Look For
- 5+ years experience in Product Management
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and platform services
- Familiarity with a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with a machine learning model lifecycle from ideation to deployment
- A thorough understanding of how to apply algorithms
- Ability to champion the use of data to drive automated decisions online
- Key knowledge around experimentation
- Experience in platform and service oriented architectures to build for scale
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.